Author Topic: Ride with Custer, June 2009  (Read 1279 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Ride with Custer, June 2009
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
Some of you have heard me write or speak about riding down the Mississippi on the riverboat Delta Queen in uniform, or a weeklong trip I took to Gettysburg and Antietam last year, also in full uniform.  These were a couple of the best vacations I have ever had and they were organized by Steve Shaw of Great American Adventures.

Steve, GAF #487, conducts a number of high quality "adventures" that may be of interest to GAF members.  Among these, he has organized a Ride with Custer each June for the last 7 years or so.  This is something he does because of his own personal interest and he is not affiliated with or sponsored by any other organization.  I haven't done his Custer ride yet (Custer being rather disconsiderate to die on/about a weekend in June that I have other obligations) but I plan to eventually.  It might even be fun to field a GAF contingent at some point.

On most of these trips he arranges for horses, tack, local transportation, blanks, most meals, and a variety of special side-trips.  Sometimes, but not always, hotels are included in the price.  You basically show up and enjoy the trip.  His prices are quite reasonable when you take this all this into consideration and I challenge anyone to find a comparable adventure for a lesser price as Steve makes no profit off of these adventures.  He does it because he wants to have an experience with others of like mind. 

If you're interested, check out his Ride with Custer adventure (and other adventures) on his website and give him a call or e-mail if you want to sign on or have any questions. 

http://www.great-american-adventures.com/

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com