Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 761924 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2009, 09:21:55 AM »
Was out riding the trails at the farm yesterday n two of the planes from there flew over.  It was hard to see them well but it looked like it might have been a P51 and a Corsair.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
It could be either one.  They've got a Mustang, a Corsair, and a P40.  That's a real nice Museum at Da Beach and I hope to visit it when I come out that way for a visit.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »
That would be really interesting to me, Susie not so much. I've got to get to VA to do some research, familywise. Would make for a nice trip.....................Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 06:28:21 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »
The Museum is getting a lot of free advertising thanks to the Great Planes TV program.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2009, 06:29:46 AM »
The Air Circus took advantage of the good weather Saturday past.  There was 3 Pitt specials out playing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »
Pitts Special: Big Engine in a little plane!

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
If y'all ain't seen this before yer gonna love it.

http://www.dm.af.mil/units/amarc.asp
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »
Bro. Sleep, I've been out there many times. They have got a great museum. Most of the aircraft are outside. It can really get hot out there in the summer. The winter is the best time to visit, not as many tourist and the weather is cooler.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »
Pitts Special: Big Engine in a little plane!

bout like putting a 454 in a karma gia
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2009, 11:36:31 PM »
I see google has attached some avaition banners to the bottom of this thread
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2009, 06:01:08 AM »
Bro. Sleep, I've been out there many times. They have got a great museum. Most of the aircraft are outside. It can really get hot out there in the summer. The winter is the best time to visit, not as many tourist and the weather is cooler.

good place to kick some tires TLD?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:17 AM »
That whole area is graveled so you can walk around all the planes. They've got FDR's plane and Eisenhower's plane open for tours. FDR's plane has an elevator in it for his wheelchair.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
Here a fun one...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4304207.html

Didn't waste ma time looking over the litaney of reader comments, I'm sure there are some real gems.  My Grandad worked for Northrop directly after Big II up until he retired in the 70's.  He never got ta laughin so hard when someone on TV talked about UFOs an a pitcher would come on the screen.  Often times he say, "hey, I worked on that thing!"
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »
Betcha even money the triangular thingys too many folks are seein’ flyin’ ‘round are ours. N’er very far from an air base. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »
Can you say Tonapa?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Saw a interesting program once about all the tecnology the nazis were messin with.  Said they destroyed most of it bafore we could get our hands on it, but not all of it.  Had some pitchers of some realy strange aircraft looked a lot like saucers complete with nazi markings.  It was on History Channel.  Went on ta show that us earth bound human beans have been fiddlin with the stuff fer many years. 

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2009, 06:02:31 PM »
Last UFO I saw was one of them fancy two sting air-o-batic kites with a light stick on it.  Was at a Rec area/Lake north of Lincoln a few years ago.  Lets just say I scared the guys who had it half to death when I hit them with the beam from a 6 D-Cell Mag-Lite. ;D

An old deer hunter is sneakier than a couple a half drunk guys with a kite. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
Got to remember to scan the areo-plane picture in the new book Rita got me, would make a few folks poop their shorts. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
Readin’ ‘bout folks messin’ with levitation devices since I was a kid…..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »
Last UFO I saw was one of them fancy two sting air-o-batic kites with a light stick on it.  Was at a Rec area/Lake north of Lincoln a few years ago.  Lets just say I scared the guys who had it half to death when I hit them with the beam from a 6 D-Cell Mag-Lite. ;D

An old deer hunter is sneakier than a couple a half drunk guys with a kite. ;D

reminds me of when we moved up here on the mountain, people was a little different, first one I got to know real good,  I asked if any body up here had ever seen a UFO,  answer was,  oh that'd be ole Travis, he saw one back in 84, makin a pass over the mountain with a light shinnin down,  later I asked if anybody had ever seen a bigfoot up around here,  answer was, well back in the early 90's  ole Travis, one night when he was coon huntin,  tracked one for 14 miles up along the Mulberry river,  :o

needless to say, when ole Travis comes around, I kinda keep one eye on him and watch what he's sayin. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com