Author Topic: USFA Shooting Master Series  (Read 7194 times)

Offline Lash Batson

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Shooting Master Series
« on: December 27, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: USFA Shooting Master Series
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 07:27:01 AM »
Yep - it looks like USFA is trying to expand their market beyond those of us in the cowboy shooting game.  Which is smart from a business standpoint.  Anything they can do to expand their business base will make the company stronger, which will be good for us, too.  I just hope they don't make any changes that negatively affect the models we all like.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »
Unfortunately,   in the meantime we still dont have the Remingtons in production or even a single word from USFA if they will ever come out.  Those waiting for the Omnipotent sixshooter are still waiting.   This new product of USFA is by far the most unexplainable of all their ideas.   If I didnt know better I would have said it was an elaborate, early April fools joke.   I think USFA  is losing their way.   
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:07:21 AM »

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
I don't neccessarily agree with "losing their way".  I would say testing the waters in market demographics that can add to USFA's lineup and profit with new customers.  They still build a high quality product, but cowboy action shooting growth is only one aspect of the shooting sports industry that has a tremendous amount of competition.  It is already showing signs of being in the mature business phase.  They need new blood to work off of.  When their product quality takes a turn for the worse, then I will agree they are "losing their way!"

I collect Colt 2nd gen BlackPowder guns and I am reminded of how Colt unfortunately priced themselves out of the market only after 4 years of production.  With no new marketing or product offerings to make up the difference by rounding out a more diverse product line and appealing to new customers, the entire BlackPowder production ceased.  However, BlackPowders are still being demanded, made and sold.

I am willing to be patient and watch USFA go through its growing stages.  As long as quality is still a mainstay in the USFA formula.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
Deadeye,

FWIW, I just handled a newly manufactured OmniPotent this week.  And the dealer says that USFA is currently building another for one of his customers.  He told me that USFA will build them when an order is submitted from a dealer - and he has one in hand (and another one apparently on the way) to prove it.
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
Re: USFA Shooting Master Series / Omni-Potent Six Shooter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »
As it turns out, I am the dealer that Aggie Desperado is referring to.  I bought an Omni-Potent for my own self.  It is a handsome and fun to shoot gun, if not an historic reproduction or recreation.  However, they feel great in the hand, and shoot very nicely.  I include a picture here of mine:

I have another customer that has ordered one from me - and it is production as all Dome Blue with Armory Case Hardened hammer and lanyard ring.  If someone is really looking to get one built for them, it only takes money  ;D and time  :(  They are built to order only when ordered.  Email me if you are really looking for one.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline AJD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 01:48:49 AM »
Th Omni has been available for a number of months now.  Earlier this year when I bought a USFA single action I asked Gary Granger what the timetable was for the Omni and he said 10-12 weeks from whenever you want to order one.  I'm guessing few people know because few people actually are interested in them.  They are beautiful though.

Its odd that a revolver like the 12/22 can come out of nowwhere and be available instantly yet projects like the Woodsman and other models that are annouced and then seem to never surface after months and months of waiting.

Kind of like how Colt annouced the Delta Elite and New Agent DAO at the Shot Show....and neither have been released yet with no concrete date and when or if they will be available then the Combat Elite and Special Combat Carry(blued model) are released out of nowhere with no previous annoucement's by Colt.

Offline Wild Will

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »
Diversification can sometimes be good, sometimes bad.  It just depends if there is a real need/market to sustain it.  I, of course, wish USFA the best with their new product but I tell you, if I was in the market for a magnum caliber SA I sure would not want it in an ugly brown or green, etc.  I just think they would have done better offering these in a blue or at least stainless or brushed nickel finishes.  Just my two bits worth.

Will
"If you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
- Tuco

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:33:58 PM »
FWIW, I spoke to a buddy of mine today who is not into CAS type shooting, but is a VERY long time wheelgun shooter and hunter.  He got me started about 35 years ago.  He was very aware of the cerro metallic finishes that USFA is advertising on the new guns, and is very favorable toward it.  They may have done their homework very well for the targeted market segment.  While I would also prefer a more traditional blue/stainless/CCH finish, I have to admit that most folks aren't as retrograde as we are.
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com