Author Topic: SASS Convention Color Guard  (Read 1456 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
SASS Convention Color Guard
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:13:26 AM »
I received a PM from Mud Marine that the GAF Color Guard once again awed the participants at the SASS Convention.

I'm sure he will publish a report on the event for all to read.

Well Done and thanks to all those who participated, and especially to Mud Marine and Dusty Tagalon for putting is all together.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SASS Convention Color Guard
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
Cowtown Scout reporting in from the Las Vegas Airport waiting on my flight back home.  The Color Guard went very well and I have had nothing but praise from attendees at the ball.  There were 8 total GAF participants in the ceremony.  Unfortunatley Mud Marines shipped uniforms never arrived, but he did assist with logistics and aquiring a CD player for our music.  The US and GAF flags were used and we marched in to Gary Owens, stood for the singing of the National Anthem and then we marched out to Gary Owens.

I did speak directly to Coyote Calhoun today and asked how he liked the ceremony.  He was estatic about it.  I asked if we could do it next year and he said YES !!!!  He has asked me to converse directly with him via e-mail for any coordination required for next year.  I will let others report on all the participants because I don't remember all the names.  If I can get a photo e-mailed to me from Black Jack McGinnis (SASS photographer) I will get it posted.  We will have to give him a while to get home and sort through the thousands of photos he took at the convention.

I am also pleased to inform you that I won the Best Dressed Military category of the Costume Contest (that's two years in a row) ;D

Scout
8) 8)
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline Capt. JEB

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
Congrats on a job well done!

It sounds like the GAF was well represented.

Thank you to all who participated!
Commander Cavalry
Department of the Atlantic
Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:32 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com