Author Topic: practicing gunfighters  (Read 8134 times)

jamesmulford

practicing gunfighters
« on: March 09, 2004, 05:45:11 PM »
I am researching a paper; does anyone know of any resources that document a "gunfighter" practicing?  I once read somewhere that Doc Holiday could be heard fast drawing and dryfiring in his hotel room.  Can anyone point me to any written material on this subject? (It does not have to be Doc; any famous gunman will do.)

Offline Tres Equis

• Low Plains Drifter
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: practicing gunfighters
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:07:57 AM »
It has been alleged that WIld Bill used to practice for an hour every morning.  There was a scene of this in one of the History Channel's Tales of the Gun programs.

Donno where to look this up.  Have you done Google searches using various keywords?
"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Offline Cheyenne

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 08:53:55 PM »
Search for Joseph Rosa, he wrote three books on Hickok as well as Age of the Gunfighter, and other titles about the Old West. He makes a reference to Hickok practising in one of the books and cites the source, which if I remember right was from the memors of an old Abilene resident.

Hardin, in his autobiography cites practising with his six-shooter, and in a fight in Kansas with some Mexican herders he say he had worn out his revolver practising and had to hold the cylinder with his off hand to shoot.
Well..........Bye!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:21:59 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com