Author Topic: Attention Troopers, Enlistments at an all time high(something we don't know)  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Eagle Eyes Jefferson

• Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Seems like just the other day I posted a topic reference our membership surpassing 650, now I'm here to tell you it's at 660!!!!! The following list of recruits just enlisted as of 30 October;

#654          TEXAS GIL                    TX                     Missouri             SCOOTER
#655          CAPT. MACK                 TX                     Missouri              SCOOTER
#656          ABILENE                       TX                     Missouri             SCOOTER
#657          MESCALITO REDD          TX                     Missouri             SCOOTER
#658          DRAGON HILL DAVE       TX                     Missouri             SCOOTER
#659          SERENITY                     NE                     Missouri             PITSPITR
#660          CHARLES ISAAC             NC                     Atlantic             RIVER CITY JOHN

Welcome to all the new troopers. Also, Col. Pitspitr, Lt. Col. Steel Horse Bailey and Lt. Col. Scooter are in a race to see who gets the next recruitment award. River City John got in on the act of recruiting as well!!! We may need to add more administrative positions to the department of the Missouri due to it's meteoric growth!!! Congratulations to the new troopers and to our three extremely active "heavies" ur, um, recruiters. Yeah, that's it. Hey Lt. Col. Bailey, just turn around, we got more time to spend at the Sutler's. (Aw shucks. Just when we thought we could get back to work.............not.)

Lt. Col. Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
GAF #478
Department of the Atlantic
BOLD #893

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Welcome recruits.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Also, Col. Pitspitr, Lt. Col. Steel Horse Bailey and Lt. Col. Scooter are in a race to see who gets the next recruitment award.

Actually with the recruitment of Serenity, my list of recruits totals 20 so that gives me a second SoM. I probably won't apply for it though as I already wear all the stars the new regs allow.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Advertising

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Actually with the recruitment of Serenity, my list of recruits totals 20 so that gives me a second SoM. I probably won't apply for it though as I already wear all the stars the new regs allow.

Go ahead and put yourself in for it.  You don't have to wear it.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Charles Isaac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thank You Gentlemen, it is a pleasure to be here!

I contacted General Jefferson so as to ask for permission to come aboard after Senator River City John informed me of this outfit and the chance to campaign with troops from many different places, and General Jefferson only lives about an hour from me. I must say that I received a hearty welcome from him.

I need to make sure I get plenty of practice with the rifle I was recently issued. It was not our choice, but we gave up our modern American designed clip loaders for the Norwegian designed rifles the Army saw fit to adopt about 8 years ago. Most of us considered this particular Springfield to be inferior to our flat shooting .236, which performed admirably for the recent troubles in Peking, and in Cuba a couple of years ago.

I must admit that many of us are starting to become very fond of the Army gun we now use. The action is very smooth and it is incredibly accurate, but does not have nearly as flat of a trajectory as our old '95s did,  but is fine as long as you estimate range good and  proper. It is also somewhat more troublesome to load while on the move, but about the same in a fixed position.

Seeing how sidearms are required due to the nature of Grand Army of the Frontier's method of campaigning, I will need to draw a pistol from the Ships Armory, They have the issue  Colts and the new Smith & Wesson, both in the .38 US Service Cartridge. The Colt has a better handle, but the action has a very hard double action pull. I do not think I will be able to draw one of the brand new Smith & Wessons, seeing how the officers like them so much. I will talk to the Gunners Mate and see if there is something that can be done about the 30 some odd pound pull on the Colt.

Good Shootin to all! I hear we will need it in the months ahead!

Offline Eagle Eyes Jefferson

• Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thank you for the kind words, sir. I am a Lt. Col. though not a general. I must admit the idea of a pay increase for a new promotion does get the adrenalin flowing. Don't want the added responsibility though. Hopefully you will be able to aquire the needed sidearm from the armory. If not, maybe one of the officers will give up theirs. Nice to talk to you the other day. If you've a mind to go to the 2009 muster in NE, the atlantic dept. is attempting to get a delegation together to make the trip. Who knows, maybe we can get a squad together!!!!! What say you????

Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
GAF #478
Department of the Atlantic
BOLD #893

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
And Charles Isaac, tone down that 'Senator' stuff over here in the barracks. The boys don't cotton too much to politicians and their foolishness. ;)

I'm Acting Lt. Cmndr. River City John in the GAF.

Welcome! Glad you saw fit to enlist.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
And Charles Isaac, tone down that 'Senator' stuff over here in the barracks. The boys don't cotton too much to politicians and their foolishness. ;)

I'm Acting Lt. Cmndr. River City John in the GAF.

Welcome! Glad you saw fit to enlist.

Not cotton John, but feathers, we feather them after we tar them. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
And ride em out on a rail.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Well ... let me say this about that.

Welcome, new Troopers!

Just form a line behind me at the Sutler's for a free one.

(Free one what?)

;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Charles Isaac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Aye Aye Senat... I mean Lieutenant Commander River City John!

Lt Col Jefferson said:
"Hopefully you will be able to acquire the needed sidearm from the armory. If not, maybe one of the officers will give up theirs."

"If you've a mind to go to the 2009 muster in NE, the atlantic dept. is attempting to get a delegation together to make the trip. Who knows, maybe we can get a squad together!!!!! What say you?"

Lieutenant  Colonel Jefferson, I have drawn a Colt service revolver, known to civilians as the "Colts New Model Army and Navy Revolver" from the armory. My Captain has even offered to loan me his  Mauser Military Automatic, complete with stock holster, but me and the boys had our first experience with these in China. The Officer in Charge of the German detachment, whom we viewed with great suspicion, had one of these new fangled, automatics, and we consider these strange, fast firing  pistol-carbines to be insidious. I hear talk that the Grand Army of the Frontier is not to keen on them either, sometimes referring to people that use them as "fanatics".   

I would be pleased to make the march to Nebraska with yourself and the delegation. This would be the farthest inland that I have ever campaigned. And I do believe I will need to bring my Sabre for the ceremonies!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
And I do believe I will need to bring my Sabre for the ceremonies!

They also work well on rattlesnakes. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Charles Isaac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
They also work well on rattlesnakes. ;D

Somehow, I believe that you have a large Boowie knife that you take care of those rascals with, when the scattergun isn't handy.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Anybody can cut up a rattlesnake with a knife. It takes real flair to do it with a sabre.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
Congratulations and Welcome new Recruits.  WOW 660, since I was the first to enlist this year on January 1 right after midnight on New Years Eve and my number is 510 that means there have been 150 new enlistments this year since I joined.  Seems besides individual recruting there has been a recruitment brochure developed, a video, Division Web Sites, Front Page photo of the Color Guard at the SASS Convention (see my post about this years color guard http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,21675.msg297970.html#msg297970), there was an article about GAF in the Cowboy Chronicle, there have been Color Guards at several other major events, etc. 

When I was talking with The Judge, Tex and Cat Ballou this weekend at the SW Regional about the Color Guard I also discussed GAF briefly and they told me that if someone would write up an article about the Grand Muster and send it in with some photos they would publish it in the Cowboy Chronicle. ;D

Scout 8) 8)
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Cowtown Scout, Sir;

I have the honor to report that I forwarded my Grand Muster after action report complete with photos to the Cowboy Chronicle within the week following the completion of the Muster.

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
Cowtown Scout, Sir;

I have the honor to report that I forwarded my Grand Muster after action report complete with photos to the Cowboy Chronicle within the week following the completion of the Muster.

Col Sir,
Cat did say that she thought they had published something about GAF but I thought it was the previous story from earlier in the year.  Maybe she was thinking about your article on the Grand Muster, so it may already be in a pending edition. ;D
Scout
8) 8)
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
The GAF had a rocky beginning with SASS because they initially believed we were in competition with them.  That attitude is beginning to change, thanks largely to the GAF providing color guards at some of the major shoots and the last SASS Convention, and several writeups we've had in the CC.   

It usually takes a couple of months before an article is published - depends on what they receive. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
I think some folks also don't like that there were NCOWS folks involved with the start-up and some of the initial details.

Again, that would be a mistaken idea that GAF/NCOWS were in competition with SASS.  Which is a BUSINESS.  And which GAF and NCOWS aren't!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The way I see it the GAF is in competition with SASS about as much as SASS is in competition with the NRA.

Oh, and I belong to all three... and NCOWS and my local club and a couple of othere clubs that promote shooting and hold shoots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com