Author Topic: Main Battle Rifle deviations ?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Main Battle Rifle deviations ?
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
To All, while discussing the GAF at a local match today I was asked about the 98 Mauser and 1911 Colt. Knowing that both are out of our time frame, I was still reluctant to tell a prospective recruit absolutly not. My question is, What allowances do/should we allow at a mini-muster? My first thought was, 1st time shooter O.K. with the understanding that it was a one time only affair. After thinking about it on the way home, maybe it's better to draw a " line in the sand" as it were and hold tight to battle rifle specs. as established. I would appreiciate all thoughts on this matter. Thank you, (Bvt) Lt. Col. Shalako Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Main Battle Rifle deviations ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »
We have an established side match (Wild Bunch) which utilizes the Mexican Punitive Expidition timeline, in which 1911s and Mausers (03 Springfields, or 98s for the Villistas) can be used.  For the main Match though, No.  THey can come watch, or use Scout guns until they're ready to try our unique weapons. 

Remember, when SASS started, Single Action Revolvers were considered a dead item.  But if you wanted to play Cowboy, you had to get a real Single Action, not just simplly thumb cock a double action.

You want to play GAF Battle Rifle, you need the right Victorian era weapon.

And consider this:  We require speciaty ammo for these rifles.  Your gonna ask him to take the time and materials to load up GAF spec loads for his ineligible weapons, only never to do it again?  Best be up front, do it right or don't waste the time and money. 

I'd ask him to go to our website and read our regulations and listed weapons.  He'll either understand, or he won't.  Its not for everybody.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »
Sgt. Drydock, Thank you for your quick response. I'll contact these individuals and let them know. Already directed them to the website. I believe I'll print out the battle rifle guidelines and carry them with me in the future to help in this situation. Again thanks for your help. (Bvt) Lt. Col. Shalako Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:31:18 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
I have an Argentine Mauser that has been rebarreled to 30.06 cal.  Could it be used in the Wild Bunch matches?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »
I'm not really sure.  I think so, But Wild Bunch matchs are run at the Match directors discretion. outside of our Battle Rifle rules.  You had best contact your local district commander for such information.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com