Author Topic: "Check your guns at the Office, boys..."  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
"Check your guns at the Office, boys..."
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »
Just when you thought you were doing it right...
Best regards and always, always call ahead!
'Ol Gabe
Pelosi’s Denver Hotel Evacuated - Hunter Sorry For Scare

August 24, 2008

A Wyoming hunter who accidentally caused a security concern at the Grand Hyatt hotel Saturday said he’s sorry for the problems he caused and didn’t know the Democratic National Convention was in town.

When Joseph Calanchini walked into the Grand Hyatt hotel with 2 rifles and 2 pistols Saturday around 4:00 pm, Denver Police evacuated House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) from the hotel until they arrested Calanchini and made sure it was safe for Pelosi to return.

“I didn’t even know the DNC was in town. I don’t watch the news,” said Joseph Calanchini from the Denver City Jail where he’s being held on bond. “If I had known, I would have done things differently. It was a simple mistake.”

Calanchini, who talked to 9Wants to Know from the Denver City Jail, says he had the weapons because he’s getting ready to go on a hunting safari trip in Limpopo Basin, South Africa on August 28. He planned to hunt warthog, impala, baboon and jackals with a friend there.

He says he had just picked up his rifles from the Sportsman’s Warehouse and had them in a locked gun case when he checked in at the Grand Hyatt. The clerk checking him in noticed the rifle case and called security.

“I’m amazed. It’s not like they were illegal weapons, they were all registered to me,” said Calanchini. “It was bad timing.”

Police say Calanchini had permits for the rifles, but did not have concealed permits to carry two pistols that were found in his luggage. Calanchini says he forgot they were in there.

He was charged with unlawfully carry weapons, a misdemeanor. Calanchini is being held on $10,000

Offline Ozark Iron John

• We're Ridin-n-Shootin Boyz! Blam! Blam! Blam!
  • Top Active Citizen
  • You're not under Arrest. We're here to Hang ya!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Check your guns at the Office, boys..."
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Just when you thought you were doing it right...He was charged with unlawfully carry weapons, a misdemeanor. Calanchini is being held on $10,000.

I say bull hockey.  That guy "didn't know the Dems was in Convention" is Bull Hockey.

I reckon he was a plant.  A decoy.  A kittyhawk to go flyin' in there to see what they'd do and divert attention from the hit goin' up the elevator.

You just wait.   10 or 15 of them Dems is going to show up dead in some sort of sex and drug orgy on the 54th Floor.  The rentacops that went runnin' in to crack down on the deer hunter won't do anything about it.

I wouldn't drink tap water or use an air conditioner if I was there tonight.  No matter how hot it gets.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
Making Nancy, Denver, and the world, safe.  Hey Biden, how about another soundbite about nuts with guns?  Now's your chance.  I've not quite swooned yet, although I understand it's something Hillary says I must do.

I think I better put 4 years worth of movies in my Netflix queue.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:25:11 AM »

Offline Fiddler Green

• Top Active Citizen
  • Defender of all things fun!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:03 AM »
Making Nancy, Denver, and the world, safe.  Hey Biden, how about another soundbite about nuts with guns?  Now's your chance.  I've not quite swooned yet, although I understand it's something Hillary says I must do.

I think I better put 4 years worth of movies in my Netflix queue.

BP

Senator Biden was getting more hair plugs and was un-availible for comment. ;D

Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com