Author Topic: Ruger 32 Single Six Vaqueros.  (Read 2718 times)

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger 32 Single Six Vaqueros.
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »
My lady friend is just about to start cowboy shooting and I took her to her first shoot a few weeks ago as a spectator. The first lady she bumped into was Savage Sam's Mum (I'm sorry, I can't remember her alias). She and my lady friend got along fine. SS's Mum shoots Ruger stainless 32s. Naturally my lady fell in love with them. I groaned as I realised that I would not be able to find a pair for her as they don't seem to be made at the moment.

I started hunting around for a pair of 38s second hand or new. I rang the biggest gunshop in the state and asked them, no luck. Then he said something that nearly floored me " All I got in stik is a pair of new 32s." I did my best to stay calm and asked how much they were as a matter of course (I knew that I was going to buy them, but I didn't want to sound too keen). He said he could do a good deal on them and gave me $145 each off each. His prices are the best in the State, even without a discount.

They have birdshead grips and are blued. It don't get any better than that.

Does anyone have any good loads using Trail Boss, Bullseye, etc?
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger 32 Single Six Vaqueros.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
I have been watching for almost a year to find even one. Some people have all the luck. ;D
Enjoy shooting them, I mean helping her getting started.
BSJ

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:22:36 PM »
From the few times I've seen Trail Boss, I would NOT use it in them small cases.  It seems to work better in .40+ calibers----MY RESULTS ONLY---YOUR MILEAGE MAY DIFFER.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:12:09 PM »

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
2.8 grs of trailboss,starline 32 HR brass,and cci small pistol primers, with the rcbs 98swc bullet cast from wheelweights, and lubed with Sagebrush Alox, shoot very well in my wifes 32 baby vaquero. Accurate enough to 50 yds, and piddly little recoil.
 If you want to zip things up just a tad, changing the powder from trailboss, to a max charge of bluedot, and it's amazing how well those lil biddy bullets hold out to 100 yds.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com