Author Topic: Dept. of the Atlantic, CENTRAL DISTRICT - Online Muster  (Read 7628 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dept. of the Atlantic, CENTRAL DISTRICT - Online Muster
« on: August 05, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
Greetings, fellow Troopers!

I am trying to update as much information as possible and to relieve Col. Bull Schmitt of a portion of the load of online work he has.
I need addresses and e-mail addys.  I realize that you may not wish this information to be public.  If so, please PM me and I will keep all information confidential.  The e-mule addy is what I need most.

If you are in the Department of the Atlantic but aren't sure which District you are part of, that's OK.  Just "sound off" here and I'll sort out any details.

Our District now has its own site, which is a work in progress.  Thanks to Col. Schmitt and others for their work on this!  Here's a link to the GAF site and from there you can go to "ROSTERS", then click on your state and the  Department will appear: then click on your state and the correct District site will appear; almost as if by magic! http://www.grandarmyofthefrontier.org/
 ;)

Thank you for your participation!

Sincerely,

Bvt. Lt.Col. Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey"
Commander, Central District, Dept. of the Atlantic
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Dept. of the Atlantic, CENTRAL DISTRICT - Online Muster
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »
Well !

It's been nearly a month and NOT one single person has posted here about my Muster.  Those 3 of you who answered me via PM/IM know who you are and thanks.  As well as the half-dozen I've seen or recruited in the last month.

C'mon troopers: these confusers won't write their own posts or IMs.

Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C."Steel Horse" Bailey
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:45:34 PM »
The Department of the Atlantic has not had any activity except for participation in a Color Guard a year ago. We are probably the most heavily populated Department in the GAF and should be able to generate more interest in supporting/hosting GAF activities.

Lt Col Bailey is trying to get some action started in the Central District of the Department.   Please support his efforts by contacting him ASAP. Let's get behind him!!

Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
Commander, Department of the Atlantic.
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:59:50 PM »

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
    • Palmetto Riflemen & New York Zouaves
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:01:23 PM »
Don't worry, I'm running into the same problems down here in the Southern District. The only thing I can think to do is to just keep trying and exploring new ways to draw attention and maybe spark the fellows into taking part in some functions.

If you want to PM me and I'll pass along my phone number and maybe we can brainstorm some ideas to get our District's moving somehow.

- Kenneth.
- Captain, "Palmetto Riflemen" & "New York Zouaves."
- Charles Devens Jr. Camp No. 10, Sons of Union Veterans.
- Micah J. Jenkins Camp No. 164, Sons of Spanish American War Veterans.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….
Captain Henry J. Reilly, Battery F, 5th U.S. Artillery, 1898.

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »
The three District Commanders should exchange ideas, share successes and failures, and discuss future strategies. You will face similar problems and can certainly benefit form the others' experiences. 

Col Bull
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »
The three District Commanders should exchange ideas, share successes and failures, and discuss future strategies. You will face similar problems and can certainly benefit form the others' experiences. 

Col Bull

Thank you, Sir - for your encouragements.  Shucks, you can't do much with an internet organization anyway, except for Flag Details, but I was hoping to generate AT LEAST some of the interest that prompted someone to join in the first place!

Don't worry, I'm running into the same problems down here in the Southern District. The only thing I can think to do is to just keep trying and exploring new ways to draw attention and maybe spark the fellows into taking part in some functions.

If you want to PM me and I'll pass along my phone number and maybe we can brainstorm some ideas to get our District's moving somehow.

- Kenneth.

And thanks for your input as well.  I wish I could maneuver these confusers that you and Col. Bull have done - at least I wish I could get 'em to work as well as my old panzer.  ;)  Back then, a 2 lb ball peen did a lot of good.  I tried that with my first confuser, but the durn thing STILL wouldn't work!  :o  ::)  ;D

Take care, compadres!

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »
Well I prefer pen and paper myself, but unfortunantly in this day and age you seem to only be able to get anything done with one of these blasted things.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 12:37:45 AM »
Well I prefer pen and paper myself, but unfortunantly in this day and age you seem to only be able to get anything done with one of these blasted things.

(Says Jeff, in a voice from the 21st Century)  Well, pal - I'm not very good with pen & paper.  It's one of the few things that I DO like about dem confusers!  I'll type 50 words to one that I'll actually print or scribe.

But let's get back to important things.  ::)

Lt. Col. Kenneth Zouave Officer, shall we mosey over to the sutler's and cut loose some of the dust in our throats leftover from our last mission with a proper libation?  Perhaps we can buy General US Scout and Colonel Bull Schmitt some of the same?  Then, they of course will feel obligated ... uhhh... like returning the favour ... and so on ...

Your Humble Servant;

Cmdr.  etc. etc.

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
Indeed
(Says Jeff, in a voice from the 21st Century)  Well, pal - I'm not very good with pen & paper.  It's one of the few things that I DO like about dem confusers!  I'll type 50 words to one that I'll actually print or scribe.

But let's get back to important things.  ::)

Lt. Col. Kenneth Zouave Officer, shall we mosey over to the sutler's and cut loose some of the dust in our throats leftover from our last mission with a proper libation?  Perhaps we can buy General US Scout and Colonel Bull Schmitt some of the same?  Then, they of course will feel obligated ... uhhh... like returning the favour ... and so on ...

Your Humble Servant;

Cmdr.  etc. etc.

Indeed, they pay of a General and Colonel certainly have to be better than the pay of us lowly Lieutenant Colonel's right, ha ha. Hope that the Sutler is carrying a good supply of tea though, you know us southerners and our Tea.

Offline Eagle Eyes Jefferson

• Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
Sir,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Eagle Eyes Jefferson, Assistant Adjutant General-Enlistments, reporting for duty. I am regretfully lateto muster due to  having my horse shot out from under me by hostiles as I made my way back from HQ's. I am happy to report that as of today's date I emailed you a current roster for the GAF, as well as the other department commanders. Also, Sir, if you continue to recruit new members, Bvt. Lt. Col. and Dr. Bob will have to put you in for another recruitment award.

EEJ
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
GAF #478
Department of the Atlantic
BOLD #893

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:04 PM »
Sir,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Eagle Eyes Jefferson, Assistant Adjutant General-Enlistments, reporting for duty. I am regretfully lateto muster due to  having my horse shot out from under me by hostiles as I made my way back from HQ's. I am happy to report that as of today's date I emailed you a current roster for the GAF, as well as the other department commanders. Also, Sir, if you continue to recruit new members, Bvt. Lt. Col. and Dr. Bob will have to put you in for another recruitment award.
EEJ

Thank you, Sir!  Just trying to do my duty.  You were accounted for by reason that HQ sent me a message regarding your temporary Detached duty.   I'm pleased you were able to procure another mount and escape the attention of the hostiles.  You have made it back in great time, too, as Lt. Col. Zouave Officer and I were heading to the Sutler's.  I'm sure your throat could stand some DE-parching, as well.

Indeed, the pay of a General and Colonel certainly have to be better than the pay of us lowly Lieutenant Colonel's right, ha ha. Hope that the Sutler is carrying a good supply of tea though, you know us southerners and our Tea.

If he followed my instructions - as indeed he did, he has laid up a good supply of everyone's favorite beverage.

Respectfully,

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »
Huzzah and Hurrah, sassparila all around, ha ha.  ;D

Hope your edition of the "Knapsack" has come through there Eagle Eyes. Only had one bounce back to me out of 70 someodd sent.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:51:14 AM »
Sorry Sir. I haven't received any "knapsack". Maybe your puter doesn't want to talkto mine. Didn't we have this problem before, emails not going through??!! Try it again, please. If it doesn't work, I can have you email me at work.

EEJ
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
GAF #478
BOLD #893

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »
I will resend it again and hopefully it goes through. If you don't have it by tommorrow afternoon email me.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:26 PM »
Thank you, sir for resending it. I did receive it and am enjoying it right now. Maybe we got the glitch fixed!! We are expecting Hannah sometime overnight into tomorrow morning. Shouldn't be too bad, though.

EEJ
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
GAF #478
BOLD #893

Offline Durango Flinthart

• Top Active Citizen
  • Forty miles a day on beans and hay...
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »

YO,  Trooper Flinthart present and accounted for. 
When the cambrian measures were forming they promised purpetual peace. They swore if we gave up our weapons the wars of the tribes, they would cease, but when we disarmed they enslaved us and delivered us bound to our foe and the Gods of the copybook headings said, "Stick to the devil you know." Kipling

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 03:13:07 AM »
  YO,  Trooper Flinthart present and accounted for. 

Welcome, Durango!  And thanks for posting.

Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
Texas Jack Stephens GAF # 642 formerly of the Independent Tennessee Scouts(Union). Served under Capt. (Tinker) Dave Beaty. Pleased to be with you and awaiting orders. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »
Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey, Sir the e-mail I received gave me #642. However, on the roster I am listed as #641. Which is correct? TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
Sir, I was in Louisiana bu now been stationed in DC for quite some time so sorry for my tardiness.

What part of the ATLANTIC DO i BE SINCE i AM IN DC?!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com