Author Topic: Man O Man It is HOT !!!!  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Man O Man It is HOT !!!!
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
Howdy Pards,
 I don't know about you guys, but it is 101degrees, Heat index 110 and no wind!!
Went out and got the belt down I have been working on, got it in the die! I don't know if it is that I havn't got to work for so long that the heat is just getting to me more, or the meds for back or maybe a combo of both!
 Maybe thet say it will cool down a little in the middle of the week, and maybe i can get back out in the shop and get something down! i feel sorry for any of you pards that are having to deal with this heat!!

You all have a good week!
   ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
Re: Man O Man It is HOT !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »
Ace - it's been between 95-105° for about 6 weeks here and humid for us (50-65% that don't sound like much but it's real  humid when you're used to 20% or less -  and I spent my early years on teh Gulf Coast so know what that 95% is like!) and at 6500' above sea level the sun here is intense - nice to dry things out fast though!

Take it easy for now and just do what you can - back pain meds though can be a drain - I was on them for years.....  >:(  :P  >:(
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »
Howdy CB,
Does your humidity usealy run 20%? ares here is allways 45 and above, 54% right know, had to come in the house, why to hot!
And my tupid back went to killing me with no reason, I was sitting in a reclineing chair look at a carving book and it went cazy, didn't think I was going to make it to the house!
 Did you get heal up pretty good, or is it still killing you??
Better go
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:05:24 AM »

Offline knucklehead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »
Wish I could say that. :(

it has been raining off and on last week here in oregon.
Yesterday and today finally made it above 80.

its good riding weather again....

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »
Hey knucklehead. I was thinking "that's an odd nickname" when I saw your post - my D.I used to call everybody that at Ft. Benning. But after reading the last line it made sense :) I ride an Ultra myself - but I love the old panheads. Never rode a knucklehead though - just watched em' go by and smiled.....  :)

OK getting back on track - I feel for the west coast people that have been plagued with so much heat this summer. I did a bike ride a few years back to Vegas, and it was 105 every day through Nebraska and Nevada. Too much for this old hombre`!

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »
 :)knucklehead ,
 What part of Oregon do you live? my son lives in Wala Wala Washington, he was going to take a job at Astira, but this other worked out better! I have a 78 FLH (electra glide) with soft bags that I buildt out of a basket, it was my second Harley basket cas! have built Truimps, BSA, almost got a 54 Duro Glide here a few years ago, but things didn't work out! Glad it didn' know, I am trying to sell the old Shovel but it is like cutting off my left arm, but i have to! Never can ride again!! Had a bike for 46 years, I won't know how to act when it gone! But people allways say things got to change! I never thought that a back injury could ruin your like, like this has mine>
 Sorry about getting of the leather topic!

You all be carefull out there letting the wind blown in your face!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline knucklehead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
:)knucklehead ,
 What part of Oregon do you live? my son lives in Wala Wala Washington, he was going to take a job at Astira, but this other worked out better! I have a 78 FLH (electra glide) with soft bags that I buildt out of a basket, it was my second Harley basket cas! have built Truimps, BSA, almost got a 54 Duro Glide here a few years ago, but things didn't work out! Glad it didn' know, I am trying to sell the old Shovel but it is like cutting off my left arm, but i have to! Never can ride again!! Had a bike for 46 years, I won't know how to act when it gone! But people allways say things got to change! I never thought that a back injury could ruin your like, like this has mine>
 Sorry about getting of the leather topic!

You all be carefull out there letting the wind blown in your face!
ACE

Ace,

dont sell the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I joined a motorcycle club called Oregon Veterans motorcycle association.
I met a member from the west valley chapter 2 weeks ago and he has no left leg.
He rides a heritage softtail classic with the trike conversion.
so if he can ride you can too ;D ;D

He has the one that just slides around the rear tire and bolts onto the frame. the rear tire is still the power to the ground. it looks like you have 3 tires in the rear.

Dont sell the bike >:( :'( >:(

I live about 30 miles south of portland oregon.

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
knucklehead, Thanks for the incurement, my problems is that I have no cushions betweenn L3,L4, L5 in my lower back, I tore those disk 7 years ago, and the Jack a$$ at work comp wouldn't try anything to get them fix, because there was to much damage, like the fool I am i workered 4 years that away, untill i got re injured and couldn't stand up any more, and my doc had to take me of work for good!
 You all have a good ride, be safe and carefull !
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com