Author Topic: Uncle Sams Sutlerly on ebay  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
Re: Uncle Sams Sutlerly on ebay
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 01:52:32 pm »
"... Well they were working ok until they got wet and the glue failed thus causing the shoes to fall apart."

Ha!  well that is authentic.... that happend in 1863 too ... unscruplus Gov. contrators

But your right , and Andy knows my testmonial on his boots....

I'm not dissing Butternuts , but I will prase Andy
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 08:41:47 am »
I have a pair of Fall Creek's regular boots (slightly higher in front, but not the full flap type) and they are great.  Worth MUCH more than I paid for them.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

SEE MY PHOTOS: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/m1a1mstrgn/
NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495
*and a few other organizations*
F.&A.M. - Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 *** Hiram's Rangers #105
(former) US Army M1 & M1A1 Tank Master Gunner
AKA - Jeff Bailey  A Three-Percenter & Sheepdog

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
by Joss Whedon 2002 - Firefly

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 09:21:28 am »
I have fall creek's officer brogans and with a set of sports orthotics(sp) put in them they are my most comfortable cowboy boot to wear bar none.

I have nothing but praise for their stuff.  They have stood up to mud, dust, rocks etc etc...  The only issue I have had is be careful on slate and grocery store type floors - with the hob nails - they are slick on that kind of surface.

I have used mostly them and Quartermastershop and am looking at another Sutler for a French 1870-1880 uniform - but they are US made to order and quite costly.

But I need one to go with my French 1873 (11mm) pistols and my WWI french carbines!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »
FCS...makes two grades of boots, one pair sells for around $175.00, the other is the custom boots (around $225.00 last years prices), I don't think you can buy a better boot for the money, custom fitted. As Deadeye said....you get what you pay for....

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 10:48:20 pm »
Thank you all for helping me sort out these two competitors' products.  I don't take too kindly to being offered a pair of boots for $120 from a guy using the picture of another guy's boots that he sells for $210.  Same picture tells me it's the same boot.  But I trust you folks here that have assured me it is not.  As for that other guy...  >:(

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.