Author Topic: Original Mc Clellan saddle Doug Kidd 1859 rework extras REDUCED  (Read 6229 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
This is an original 1904 Mc Clellan tree (stamped 1918), reworked into a 1859 Civil war saddle by Doug Kidd at Border States Leather work just before the movie Gettysburg (which this saddle was in). It is a "12 inch seat" which translates into a Western 16 or a 16 1/2" which is what I use. It comes with 1859 saddle bags, and all leathers, stirrups, girths, breast collar, and surcingle.  All rigging and leathers made by Doug, and vat dyed black.  While the saddle is a little scuffed and the black dye is wearing off showing the original brown, the leather is in really good condition.  My friend used this Civil War re-enacting for over ten years, and I used it for trail and endurance training before I started using it for re-enacting myself.  A variety of reasons have caused me to cease riding, so I am selling it off.  Why mess with a cheap imported repro when you can have this one.  The extras alone are worth quite a bit, and you would pay way more for one of Doug's saddles now!  Buyer pays actual UPS ground and insurance.  I can take paypal or credit card through my wife's business.

NOW 550.00

PM with email address or send me Email for photos.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Original Mc Clellan saddle Doug Kidd 1859 rework extras REDUCED
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »
price reduced to $550 for everything
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:39 AM »
Just a though TL try the SASS Wire Forum mounted guys....

Mean time though...I've known Doug Kidd personally almost 30 years, I ridden many an event with him.
His leather is of the Best quality, I have owned and used his tack including one of his Grimsley's and several McClellan's..
Not to mention, several Saddlebags, Pommel holsters and Bridles bits and Halters.
The fact is, I had & used many of Doug Kidd's rigs in the Prop trailer on "Gettysburg" as well as Doug himself.
He was there personally when we shot the Buford scene's.

At $550 for the saddle + 1859 saddle bags, and all leathers, stirrups, girth, breast collar, and surcingle.
it is nearly theft !  :o

TL I'm forwarding this on to my Pard in Alabama, who still reenacts ( as you know I retired after some 28 years in 2001)
he owns a reenactor supply shop.
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:27:53 AM »
Yep, it is nearly theft!  But, I am a foot (no horse anymore, and my re-enacting will be occasional dismounted due to my asinine work schedule (Graveyard and week ends ad infinitum....)
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »
   you might try posting a picture and info over here              http://n-ssa.org/phpbb/   modified: I see it's all ready there

never thought I'd say it about a McClelland saddle but does sound like a fair price.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Reb Tyree

• Bvt Lt. Col (SFC) Reb Tyree, CSA Chief of Staff Dept of the Pacific, GAF
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »
Thats a great deal!   :o  If wasn't in Iraq now, I'd jump on that deal!  Tuolumne Lawman, you a lawdawg with the SO?  Im a lawdawg down in the eastbay flat lands.  I also do Confederate Cavalry, 43 Va Cav, Co D, ANV (ACWA).   ;D
I have the Honor to remain,

Your Obedient Servant,

(SFC) Bvt Lt. Col Reb Tyree, CSA
Chief of Staff, Dept of the Pacific,
Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
Howdy

1) Sold pending funds

@)  Yep, I was a law dawg for 20 years, retired out of Tuolumne Co. in 1997 on a back injury and surgery after arresting a violent suspect on PCP.

I was in NCWA, 2nd Mass, Co. A "California 100".  Now I moved to Illinois and belong to Co. F, 12th Illinois Volunteer Cavalry (dismounted).  Was in 11th (mounted) also, but gave up riding for a variety of reasons, hence sold the saddle.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com