Author Topic: 2008 NCOWS National Shoot  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2008 NCOWS National Shoot
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
Greetings, fellow Troopers!

I was wondering how many of us GAF members were planning to attend the NCOWS 2008 National Shoot?  (June 5,6 & 7; Evansville, IN.)  I know of 2 or 3, but not sure of any more.  I don't know WHY it took me so long to think about it, but it seems to me that the National Shoot would be a good place for a flag detail.  I helped do one at the 2005 & 2006 NCOWS National Conventions, but I guess I've just been dreaming and haven't thought of it until now!  :(  (Probably because I'm not part of the planning committee. )

This would need to be a small affair, with a minimum amount of personnel; I think 4 total with any more being wonderful.  It would just have the National Colors: I doubt I could get any GAF flags/guidons, or leather in this short amount of time - especially since other flag details are already scheduled.

If anyone has any suggestions, please IM me.  I'll get an IM easier than an e-mule - I've been having a bit of trouble with it.  If you DO e-mule (mail  ::) ) me, make sure to say something GAF or flag detail related in the subject line, please.

Thanks.
Your Obd't Svt.

Bvt. Lt.Co. JC Bailey

Cmdr: Central Dist.
Dept. of the Atlantic

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 2008 NCOWS National Shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
If anyone can assist Bvt. Lt.Co. Steel Horse with this effort please let him know ASAP. The Department of the Atlantic needs more exposure to the public and this is a golden opportunity.

Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
Commander Department of the Atlantic
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:49:59 AM »
Thank you, Sir!

I'm hoping to hear from Dusty Tagalon and perhaps Lone Gunman, as well. 

All are welcome!

Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C.Bailey
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:19:41 AM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
SHB,

There will be 5 or 6 GAF members coming in the KVC group.  I will bring my uniform and a sword.  Lone Gunman is coming for sure and I think that Dusty is too.  We will have plenty.  Rowdy want to have a color guard.  I have just been spaced out on posting it here. :-[  Thanks for getting the ball rolling. 

YMH&OS,

Capt. R. H. Dorian
Brv't. LtC, Chief Topographical Engineer
GAF
aka Dr. Bob
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
Dr. Bob, there was another post where there was talk about bring a flag to the NRA convention. Don't really know if it got there are not. Hope so an honor guard or color guard would be great at the Nationals. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »
It's a done deal, then.

Do you all at KVC have a flag (s) available and the leather?  I doubt I could get the leather, but I'm thinkin' I could get a National Flag.  I'd love to have a GAF flag, but at this late date ...

Thanks!  I just heard that Rowdy had requested an honor guard, but I doubt he even knew that was something I can have a hand in - 'specially if he'd already talked to some of y'all!

Later ...

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »
The Navy could be represented if you can use me.
I will not pack the uniform unless you request it, Bvt. LtCol. Bailey.
I await your orders.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
John, since Rowdy contacted these other fine fellows, I'm really not in charge, but I think a Naval representative would be wonderful.  It depends, I suppose, on how much room you have for your uniform.  As far as I'm   concerned, please join us!  I don't even have a proper uniform - all I have so far is my "field" or duty/garrison uniform - but I have a sword!  ;D  ::)  ;) ;)  ;D  (Actually, I have two - and when I have a more proper uniform as befitting my GAF position, I'll wear the GOOD one!   It's the real deal, not an Indian repro!)

I may have posted this before - but here are both blades - and some of my other "treasures."

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:41:17 AM »
John, since Rowdy contacted these other fine fellows, I'm really not in charge . . . .

Well Sir, Mr. Rowdy is a civilian.
I'd say that as Bvt. LtCol. that pretty much makes you ranking GAF officer. ;D
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 07:47:37 AM »
Quite a collection of "toys" you have there Jeff.  Man, that makes a fantastic picture suitable for framing I think.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 08:59:21 AM »
I have the NCOWS Flag and will be bringing it to the National Shoot.  I do not have a standard for it.  I am sure that you will be able to find something suitable.

French Jack
French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
Well Sir, Mr. Rowdy is a civilian.
I'd say that as Bvt. LtCol. that pretty much makes you ranking GAF officer. ;D

SOME would say I'm pretty rank!  ::)  I think that Rowdy simply asked some of the KVC "out to lunch bunch"  ;D (Just joshin' ya, pards  ;) ) to make sure it happens.  I'll take charge if no one else wants.  I'm still trying to get a flag and .........

I have the NCOWS Flag and will be bringing it to the National Shoot.  I do not have a standard for it.  I am sure that you will be able to find something suitable.

French Jack

... it seems like we also need an empty standard, as well.  (Thanks for bringing the NCOWS flag, French Jack!)  I'm really not sure just where the GAF stuff is right now, but I know it's due to be used soon in Wyoming AND Atlanta shortly, IF I remember correctly!

Quite a collection of "toys" you have there Jeff.  Man, that makes a fantastic picture suitable for framing I think.

Thank you very kindly, Don!  I'm pretty  proud of it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com