Author Topic: My Sight Selection for the 76  (Read 2410 times)

Offline CarverTripp

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Sight Selection for the 76
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
Hello to all,
Got a chance to really get familiar with my U1876 this past weekend. Shot 60 BP rnds. through her which averaged about 1400fps., (win.348 reformed brass, 75 grns goex 2f, 350 grn bullet from the new lyman mold, lubed with SPG). I found that the sights were really straining at 300M, out to the pig line. The pigs I did hit were clean knockdowns so I think it's safe to say there is plenty of energy at that distance, even for the 350 grn lyman. So, with the sight limit at about 275M it was time to think about new sights. I've chosen the MVA vernier Midrange #108 and a #111 front globe. I'm thinking that it will be fun to test the range of this rifle and with the new sights and I'm hoping to get nice groups at the 300M range. Anyone have this setup on their 76'?
Carver
NRA member
NCSA member

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My Sight Selection for the 76
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »
Carver, I went with the Pedersoli Long Range Creedmoor with a Lyman 17A on mine.  Have made it to a 800yd pallet so far.  Objective is to see if it will do the 1000yd trip this Spring!
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Offline CarverTripp

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:09 PM »
Hi John Boy,
Indeed , That's amazing! 800yds wow that's getting out there. I agree, these 76's are quite capable of long range shooting with the right sights and the proper loads. I concidered the lyman 17a, price sure is right but I thought it may be a bit small way out at the end of that 28" barrel. Maybe I'm wrong, what do you think now that it's on your rifle? I have not as yet purchaced the sights so I'm still up for suggestions.
Carver
NRA member
NCSA member

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:00:24 PM »

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
what do you think now that it's on your rifle? I have not as yet purchaced the sights so I'm still up for suggestions.
Carver, I'm very satisfied with my sights set up ...  ;D
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,19724.msg249955.html#msg249955
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com