Author Topic: A name for my persona!  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A name for my persona!
« on: March 10, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
I started this thread in NCOWS but it applies here, too, I think. http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,19611.0.html

Original Post:

I'm starting to finally settle on a persona. I want him to have a "normal" name. My real name is French, of course, and it's usually pronounced in English.

The name Guy has the same root as William and Wyatt, and la france means "the free (or frank) people", so to make my name completely English, it might be, for example, William French. That's what I'd like my persona's name to be.

I'm going to add "aka Sgt. William French" to my sig lines here and elsewhere. Sgt. French is from Baltimore, currently attached to the Military District of Washington, serving as a senior armorer, with duties that usually keep him in Baltimore.

So, whaddya think?
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
Re: A name for my persona!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »
I'm thinking of William H. French . . .
any relation to you, Sgt.? ;)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
I'm thinking of William H. French . . .
any relation to you, Sgt.? ;)

No, sir, no known relation between "Old Blinky" and myself. We had a talk about it back in '61, I think. If we're related at all, it must be very distant.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:39:39 PM »

Offline Mulee Pete

• MuleePete,phd
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
It can be difficult to settel on an aka.  During my "entertainer phase" I got called Wild Bill and Buffalo Bill because of my long hair.  Got tired of being compaired to these legends and wanting to be my own man, I got to thinking of a better handle.  Since I had learned to embrace my inner jackass many years ago, am head strong, and prone to doing things my way, Mulee Pete was incarnated.  An alais is very personal and need only satisfy one out of 6 billion.  I salute your choice.

Saddler Sargeant GAF Department of the Platte, #521
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Keep track of your lustrums!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com