Author Topic: Shootout At Mule Camp, Georgia  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
    • Palmetto Riflemen & New York Zouaves
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shootout At Mule Camp, Georgia
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:33:36 PM »
I hope that this finds everyone doing well.

We have contacted the folks in charge of the "Shootout At Mule Camp" taking place on May 22nd to 25th, 2008, at Covington, Georgia, about bringing out a group of G.A.F. Folks to form a Color Guard. The person I spoke with was very glad to hear from me, and asked if we could do a setup as well as provide a Color Guard for the Closing Ceremonies on Sunday.

To this end I would like to know if any G.A.F. members plan on attending Mule Camp and would like to join us in Camp and for the Color Guard. They will need a listing of those planning on attending, so anyone who would like to come as G.A.F. please contact me to let me know.

If I take alittle while to respond I do apolgize and will get back to you as soon as possible. Any questions, comments, etc.. are more than welcome.
- Captain, "Palmetto Riflemen" & "New York Zouaves."
- Charles Devens Jr. Camp No. 10, Sons of Union Veterans.
- Micah J. Jenkins Camp No. 164, Sons of Spanish American War Veterans.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….
Captain Henry J. Reilly, Battery F, 5th U.S. Artillery, 1898.

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
Re: Shootout At Mule Camp, Georgia
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03:37 PM »
So far I have only heard from three G.A.F. Members in regards to this event. However, I have setup for some additional possible "New Recruits" to come out and take part though to provide assistance.

Is anyone out there planning on being at Mule Camp? If so please feel free to drop by and pay the Camp a visit, it won't be hard to miss. Taking part is not a requirement to say hello.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »
Lt.Col. Zouave Officer

Good luck with your endeavour.  Have you posted this on the SASS Wire?  There's a much larger audience there, 'tho most GAF members probably check both places. 

I wish I could help.  At the 2006 NCOWS National Convention we were able to do a good Color Guard (of 6 or 7) and got a couple members "on the fly" so to speak- like me. (Due to a couple health "no-shows" who had to bow out at the last moment, IIRC.)

If you have to fill your ranks that way, you'll have plenty of folks there, that's for sure.  I've heard nothing but good about Mule Camp and it's well attended!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:49:38 AM »

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »
Thank you. I know I have not yet posted on the SASS Wire and I'm primarily hoping to get G.A.F. folks involved to help. I know as it gets closer I do intend on posting on the SASS wire though. Thanks for the suggestion, to be honest I hadn't thought of that yet.

Glad to hear that it's a good event, I know I've never been to one of these before so it's going to be quite an experience.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com