Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1293372 times)

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3380 on: June 29, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
;D RACE DAY! [night]... ;D. ;D

Less than a hour 'n half 'till the 88 leads the field in Kentucky.... 8)  8)  8)

GO 88

Delayed...'till:

NOON Eastern on Sunday.....that would be tomorrow... ;)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3381 on: June 30, 2013, 01:46:56 AM »
I figured, when I flipped over to TBS and it was a Law & Order rerun...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3382 on: June 30, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »
I kinda lucked out. Inside stuff's been neglected for gun stuff. I'll get that done with a fresh race for background noise. Wasn't gonna try'n stay up to see any of it last evenin' anyway.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3383 on: Today at 02:17:59 AM »

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3383 on: June 30, 2013, 07:42:37 AM »
Happy Birthday Corvette  8)  8)  8)  8)..."60".... ;)

;D  ;D RACE DAY!  ;D  ;D.....part two.... ;)

GO 88
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3384 on: June 30, 2013, 07:58:30 AM »
She looks better in a bikini than Kyle Petty.

Just choked on a cookie reading that. Mow to find some clorkx to wash that image out if my mind.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3385 on: June 30, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
Do a Google image search for Linda Vaughn. That should flush it right out.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3386 on: June 30, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »
I got to see Linda in person  at the Amarillo Dragway in the 60s.She was there doing a promo for Hurst.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3387 on: July 01, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
Do a Google image search for Linda Vaughn. That should flush it right out.

Hurst Shifter gal.......that works
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3388 on: July 01, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Linda still looks good. I saw her on a episode of the Barrett-Jackson auction. They were selling one of her Hurst cars.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3389 on: July 01, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
Nothin’ else ever felt quite like ‘em.

The shifters I mean.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3390 on: July 02, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »
I never had a Hurst shifter, I always felt like I missed out, by not having one. I did get to use a Jaws of Life as a first responder.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3391 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »
Hadda Hurst Mystery shifter in the ’55. Some folks called ‘em Misery shifters. The thing wasn’t very good. Spent the extra coin ‘n replaced it with a Competition Plus. Put one in the Sprint ‘n another one in the F-100. Bought a ‘T’ handle, kept it when I sold the car ‘n put the same one on the truck. Still got it, it’s in the attic somewhere. Those were as good as a conversion got at the time. They were slick ‘n the throw stops kept ya from knockin’ the crap out of the transmission when ya got a l’il aggressive. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3392 on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:13 AM »
I had a 64 Sprint, but it was an automatic. It was white with red interior, with wire wheel covers. It had a factory ranch on the dash.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3393 on: July 06, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
Hadda Hurst Mystery shifter in the ’55. Some folks called ‘em Misery shifters. The thing wasn’t very good. Spent the extra coin ‘n replaced it with a Competition Plus. Put one in the Sprint ‘n another one in the F-100. Bought a ‘T’ handle, kept it when I sold the car ‘n put the same one on the truck. Still got it, it’s in the attic somewhere. Those were as good as a conversion got at the time. They were slick ‘n the throw stops kept ya from knockin’ the crap out of the transmission when ya got a l’il aggressive. 

Them 70's models factory sifter would break off the Coloum. You had to put a Hurst or a floor sifter in to go any wheres, learned starting n stopping in 3rd just didn't work.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3394 on: July 06, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
Congrats to Matt Kenseth on his Nationwide victory at Daytona.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3395 on: July 06, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »
Fairly decent for a plate race. 150 miles more this evenin'. Hope it's 'nuff ta keep me awake.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3396 on: July 06, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »
Fairly decent for a plate race. 150 miles more this evenin'. Hope it's 'nuff ta keep me awake.

that's an hour by the car speeds but three hours with the Yellows and commericals
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3397 on: July 06, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »
More time for 'em ta throw phantom cautions - dependin' on who needs a lap back.

Them 70's models factory sifter would break off the Coloum. You had to put a Hurst or a floor sifter in to go any wheres, learned starting n stopping in 3rd just didn't work.

As a replacement/conversion, the Mystery thing wouldn't break. But, it had kinda a collet thing held the stick inta the mechanism. That'd let go on 1 ta 2 shift with a three speed 'n ya'd punch the dashboard. If I'd had a decent radio with push buttons I'd have changed stations a few times. As I got older I wondered why they'd put their good name on junk.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3398 on: July 06, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
More time for 'em ta throw phantom cautions - dependin' on who needs a lap back.

As a replacement/conversion, the Mystery thing wouldn't break. But, it had kinda a collet thing held the stick inta the mechanism. That'd let go on 1 ta 2 shift with a three speed 'n ya'd punch the dashboard. If I'd had a decent radio with push buttons I'd have changed stations a few times. As I got older I wondered why they'd put their good name on junk.

That's exactly it. I was happy redneck when they started coming out with 4 and 5 speed tranny's. My 88 had the 302 and 5 speed got better mileage with a trailer than the last truck did without one.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3399 on: July 07, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »
I slept through the Cup race last night, I do not think  that  I did not miss anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com