Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1284660 times)

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »
Definately time to stock up then....

when I did beer Shiner  ;D an alarm went off when tha stock got below 2 cases.   :D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »
Shiner makes a good Weizen, but it's not always easy to find around here.  My favorite Friday night hangout used to serve Shiner Bock on tap, but they did away with it to have more room for the watery beers. >:(
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
Ethanol, global warmin’, can’t start new wells on our own soil ‘n shores. No new nuclear power plants. Can’t build new refineries. This bullsh-t is long past ‘gettin’ old. It’s been old ‘n we’re payin’ for it.

Cousin Carl had ‘em covered – que the duck. Montoya, lapped, messes up the leader on a restart. Later, Edwards approached to put him another lap down ‘n he wouldn’t get out of the way all day. Edwards gave him a l’il help findin’ another groove.

Sorry, Junior. Qualifyin’ is three miles. The race is 500.

With the exception of Johnson, HMS was out to lunch. And, he finishes second then bad mouths the car – never once sayin’ the name Chevrolet in the post race interview. Jimmie, ya got beat. Live with it. Gordon finishes dead last with a car he had to park because he couldn’t drive it.

All three JGR cars seventh or better.

Yeley loses it ‘n smacks the inside wall a ton. Nothin’ new. UNOFFICIAL, blackbox data indicates McDowell hit the wall in qualifyin’, moment of impact, 161 mph. Damn!

The Texas shots were great. The cattle. A cowboy or six. The boot with a spur on it trophy. The hats were kindah corny. The SAA clones awarded the winner were identified as Berettas. Perfect weather. 190,000 folks showed up to watch a more’n decent race with a stand up to watch, ain’t nobody leavin’ finish. Nice job, Texas!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 02:45:33 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
The Texas shots were great. The cattle. A cowboy or six. The boot with a spur on it trophy. The hats were kindah corny. The SAA clones awarded the winner were identified as Berettas. Perfect weather. 190,000 folks showed up to watch a more’n decent race with a stand up to watch, ain’t nobody leavin’ finish. Nice job, Texas!

Wonder if the Winner had to have a background call made and they had to be shipped to a dealer where he is a legal resident
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »
Reckon so. Maybe they should switch ta ‘58s.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »
LOL
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:12 PM »
Arce is the Harry Carry of racin--no doubt  ;D
     Thanks fer the update, twas too busy ta watch.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
Carl said he had a good car as the race started.  Bif and Matt did pretty good too. Kyle Busch tried to drive the wheels off that #18.  JJ is becoming as big a whiner as Wonder Wimp. TMS has finally got a second groove and it makes for better racing.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
Well, the Nationwide Series is Mexico City on a 2.5 mile road course. I would like to see Ol Boris Said win this one. He has finished no worse than 3rd 3 times.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2008, 11:02:13 PM »
Expectin’ the winner ta come out the top eight.

Said spent a couple days with the pole sitter at VIR last week workin’ with him ‘n he was really impressed. The kid has raced the track before in a different series. But bein’ a rookie all it’s gonna take is one mistake ‘n he’ll slip back.

Pruett. If I had ta put money on one car. He had the best shot at it last year ‘til he got punted. Cars been fast since they took it off the hauler.

Cousin Carl admits he ain’t a road course driver. There isn’t any quit in ‘im. They’ve struggled to get the car up to speed.

Ambrose could be fun to watch. If it’s in that JTG car he’ll get it out.

Said is Said. Put down a good lap but that’s a Rensi car ‘n crew. Not the best.

Busch was first or second thru practice. Don’t know how he wound up sixth. Several drivers mentioned they couldn’t stay with him. The car is that strong.

Pat Carpenter (mean that in a nice way. Like the guy. Just Americanized the name.) Car should be as good as Pruett’s. Had a good shot at another road thingy last season. Now he has more experience in a heavy car. Bears watchin’.

I thought if I didn’t mention Bowyer he’d win.

All my opinion. Don’t mean nothin’ a’tall.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2008, 01:25:42 AM »
It looks like Danica Baby won her first IRL race.  Too bad it had to be in Japan.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:42 AM »
Well whatcha know ‘bout that?

Not ta be knockin’ the child’s win – but…………

18 cars in the field. One’s in the fence in the first turn. Now there’s all of 17. A race of 300 miles in a season of 16 races. With the exception of Indianapolis they draw 20K to 30K for a race. Kindah smacks of the Mickey Mouse Racin’ League.

‘N the pseudo–sophisticated, wine ‘n cheese crowd have a difficult time tryin’ ta understand why NASCAR folks can’t take it seriously.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
Arcey, You gotta admit she does fill out that driving suit in the right places.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2008, 06:28:48 PM »
Arcey, You gotta admit she does fill out that driving suit in the right places.

I was just.... uh... noticing that a few days ago.  Now, I need to watch her race. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED "The driving suit issue
     Move over you underfed crybabies, the cover goes ta Danica!!!

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
Hear, Hear! ;D 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »
With all due respect ta the young lady’s physical attributes, as well, sirs, yer independent ‘n several perceptions of beauty, I must say bein’ a southern gentleman I prefer the fairer sex to be nourished on down home cookin’ ‘n as such filled out a l’il more fully. Looks like a seventh grader ta me.

Busch. Ain’t gottah like ‘im but it’s tough debatin’ the boy’s ability to hustle a race car. Left turns, right turns – don’t matter.   

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2008, 08:46:51 PM »
True story Arcey,
     He hugs the wall ta where nuthin but a matchbook would fit there and let's ya know he's doin it on purpose :)  Good drivin.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
Kyle is hard on equipment but the boy can drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com