Author Topic: Members in the Carolina's & Georgia  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
    • Palmetto Riflemen & New York Zouaves
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Members in the Carolina's & Georgia
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:04:48 AM »
Hello All,  8)

I was wondering who all from the group is down here around me in South Carolina, North Carolina, & Georgia? I have several fellows interested in joining the group, and am going to get them to sign on in the next few weeks, and was wondering about trying to get the folks down this way together and trying to have a Muster or some other kind of activity to get everyone together so we can meet and start working on getting things going down this way.

Anyone interested in doing anything please feel free to email me at my AOL account, or post a response here and I'll be glad to answer as soon as I can.
- Captain, "Palmetto Riflemen" & "New York Zouaves."
- Charles Devens Jr. Camp No. 10, Sons of Union Veterans.
- Micah J. Jenkins Camp No. 164, Sons of Spanish American War Veterans.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….
Captain Henry J. Reilly, Battery F, 5th U.S. Artillery, 1898.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
Re: Members in the Carolina's & Georgia
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
I'm not yet interested in joining, but am very interested in learning more about what a group in the area would be doing. 
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Capt. JEB Forrest

• Top Active Citizen
  • " Garryowen!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
Lt Col Zouave Officer,

Will help however I am able.

Capt. JEB Forrest
Commander Cavalry
Dept. of the Atlantic
Commander Cavalry
Department of the Atlantic

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:04:27 PM »

Offline Zouave Officer

• Carolina Zouave
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Death Or Glory!
    • Palmetto Riflemen & New York Zouaves
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:11 PM »
Evenin' all,

Sorry for the delay in my responses, have been somewhat busy around here as of late.

Trinity - As far as what activities and such the Southern District will be involved in, it's still up in the air but the main thing I've been looking into is setting up Living Histories / Color Guards / Speakers at SASS Events on the Military of the 1860's to 1900's. I know several of the members also take part in the SASS / CAS Matches. I'm coming from a Reenacting Background instead of a SASS / CAS background so I'm still feeling my way around the whole Shooting concept, at least with live rounds.  ;D Any suggestions as to other things to be involved in I'm always open to, and anyone wishing to help is more than welcome to lend a hand.

Captain Forrest - Anything you think you can do to help please feel free to email me and we can see what we can do. We have a fellow who is interested in taking charge of the District Cavalry, once I have Col. Schmitt's approval the appointment will be made official, and I'll put him in contact with you as well.

Thank you all for your interest it is very much appriciated.
- Captain, "Palmetto Riflemen" & "New York Zouaves."
- Charles Devens Jr. Camp No. 10, Sons of Union Veterans.
- Micah J. Jenkins Camp No. 164, Sons of Spanish American War Veterans.

"There’s no use dodging. You will be hit when your body and bullets are at the same place at the same time….
Captain Henry J. Reilly, Battery F, 5th U.S. Artillery, 1898.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com