Author Topic: Welcome to the The Winchester Model 1876 board.  (Read 83322 times)

Offline spacecommander

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Welcome to the The Winchester Model 1876 board.
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »
It was hard finding brass hardware that wasn't garbage. The latches are garbage, hopefully they can be replaced with some old ones. The brass corner protectors came from ebay, along with the lock and recessed folding handle - which is also brass. real brass, not the brass plated then coated potmetal. Added an internal support that the rifle sides under, and a coin recessed in to the top. The cheap brass screws will be replaced with some older ones - this modern "brass" won't tarnish even if you strip off the clear coat.

Case is getting "aged" to make it look old.

Offline DTS

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:50 AM »
That case is very similar to my Brother's - well done & thanks for posting it's pictures.
DTS

Offline spacecommander

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »
That case is very similar to my Brother's - well done & thanks for posting it's pictures.

Thanks! Not sure why the pictures don't show larger - and then when you open them up they flip upside-down!?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 08:37:58 AM »

Offline Garret

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2016, 01:43:57 PM »
Greetings All,
I joined sometime ago with a Uberti/Cimarron NWMP Carbine in .45-75 but waited to post photos until I had the chance to refinish the wood.  Well as often happens time marches on.....
Finally have gotten around to it and here are the results.  She has a really pretty piece of wood and with some orange/citrus stripper and some judicious removal I obtained the results I wanted.
I was able to locate a Chaparral Spanish Meter sight from Numrich and will eventually finish that and install.  It doens't have the range  markings, but I'm thinking of having an engraver copy the numerals from original photos.   In the meantime I'm having fun! 
Cheers,
Garret

Offline Texas

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »
Hello I'm new here, the name is Texas, I have a 76 parts gun in 45-75 made in 1884 by the serial number. would be interested in trading for some 86 parts. also looking for a 92 barrel in shooting condition in 44 caliber. Thanks Texas..

Offline Sarge

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »
spacecommander,

That is a handsome wood case. Well Done!

Offline Bearskinner

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2022, 11:37:18 PM »
Just started loading for and shooting an original 3 digit serial number, 1876 centennial in 45-75. It’s a 26” full Octagon, set trigger and long range sight. So much nostalgia and fun to shoot.
“YOU CANT SHOOT A BIG ONE, IF YOU SHOOT A LITTLE ONE FIRST”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com