Author Topic: Give us your Ruger story - win a shirt!  (Read 55405 times)

Offline Champagne Charlie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Give us your Ruger story - win a shirt!
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »
The best part of the whole thing was that Howdy cycled through all ten shots, just like he was blastin' away at steel. It sort of reminded me of that scene at the end of The Outlaw Josie Wales when he is finaly face to face with Red Legs and he is going through all his revolvers to find one that is loaded, only a bit different. Nonetheless, when the stage was finished, he holstered up, turned to the onlooking posse and said, "I am soooooo embarrassed!"

Truly, a classic in the annals of CAS.
You know what I think? I think there's just a couple of guys up there, and I think this asshole's one of 'em!

-- Dawson (Silverado, 1985)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »
Well, if it's any consolation I'd like to tell you that I once screwed up just as bad...but I can't!!!

Nobody ever, ever, ever screwed up like that before... NOT EVER!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(I know I'm gonna pay for this, but it will be worth it.  ;D)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »

(I know I'm gonna pay for this, but it will be worth it.  ;D)

Yes you are!  ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:48:15 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
It's OK Howdy.  My wife, Lilly, inherited an old Mouser .30-06 that was equiped with a scope.  We finaly picked up a box of ammo for it and headed to the free outdoor range.  Me being an open sight guy and liking the feel of bolt action, cracked off three shots before realizing that there was a large amount of blood spouting from my forehead.  Just as Lil informed me that I had brained myself with the scope, I heard someone say that I'd be the laughing stock of any hunting party.  I looked his way and it was an old fella in a wheel chair with one of them pee bags attatched to himself.  Needless to say, I swallowed that one and still proudly carry a decent scar above my left eye. 

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »
I just woke up,i passed out when i read this.I ACTUALLY WON SOMETHING!!!?Don't know if i am deserving of it,but i will say one thing,you guys have done somethin else with this forum.Radio,cowboy tv,informaion and education,great videos,classifieds.What a hang out!!! ;D I know it has to take ALOT of work.Thank you for such an enjoyable place.And thank you very much for the RUGER shirt.
 :D I promise to never blow my nose on it,i will wear it proudly. ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »
Congratulations Rick.

Since I retired I almost never wear a shirt.  Hell, I don't even wear pants unless I'm goin' to town.

(Let's see you get that image out of your mind.  ;D)

By golly Forty Rod,i'll play wipeout any time on yer belly,now ther's an image fer ya :D Thank for the shirt ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »
I mean shirt and i will learn how to spell someday.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
I mean shirt and i will learn how to spell someday.

What?  And ruin the fun?  ;) ;)

Just kiddin', pard.  Yours is no worse than MANY others.  And don't EVEN ask a typical teenager to spell something!

Remember:  "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet, but a Chrysanthemum by any other name will probably be easier to spell!"

Sicks munce ugo I kudent even spell Liberrien:  now I are wun.  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 11:23:20 AM »
 :D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »
Just realized what day it was.  Had my mind on that magic bowl ever since.  If it means anything of a difference, I lost all my shirts in a terrible fire cause I was busy saving my Ruger (her name is Daisy).  It's snowing here and awfull cold--sure could use something to keep the ice sickles off my chest.

All of the above is complete BS, but I figgured I'd keep tryin. 

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
By golly Forty Rod,i'll play wipeout any time on yer belly,now ther's an image fer ya :D Thank for the shirt ;D

Son, you get anywhere near my belly and I sure fill out all the blank spots in that collection of bullet holes you been puttin' together.

Yer welcome.  Wish I had more to not accept.  A fella could get famous not acceptin' stuff.

How about if I drop out of the Democratic race for president?  Naw!  Everybody else has done that already.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »
Was gonna save this one for next week, but just can't resist.
My favorite part of this thread is the first picture on the first page  ;D  .  Not to offend the Marshall (it's rather a compliment) but I ain't believin any stories about 6 year old grankids or 30 sumthin sons.   :P

Oh, an did I mention, them shirts look mighty nice--wouldn't mind havin one for myself...

Leo (attempting to be a silver tongue devil and most likely fallin on his haggard face)

Roland Deschain

Offline No Buk Chuck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
I stated out with an Old Army many years ago. It was fun taking it muzzleloading for whitetails. Than I bought a auto 22 for rabbit hunting.I have shot thousands of rounds threw that gun without problems. Well Cowboy Action came to me in 1998 and Ruger was a natural choice for me and my son. We shot Cowboy Action for some time before my wife Elsie Rose wanted to give the shooting a try. She dressed the part and helped with scoreing an such before. We were at a local shoot and a fellow Cowboy asked her if she had shoot the New Ruger Single Six 32's yet. Well she said no and he put a set in her holsters and ammo and stated go have fun. After the match we hunted him down and he was laughing at me. His statement was I guess I'll have to order you a set hay?? Two weeks later we had a set of 32's and shes had a smile ever since. We know have about eight rugers and are looking for a couple of more sets in the future. Great guns for a fair price.   NBC

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
Great story Chuck.  My wife's been lookin around awhile for just the right gun.  I mentioned .32's to her in the past but she's been more interested in .38's lately after accidentaly shootin .357's through mine and realizin she could handle it.  She's a small gal, and I still think a .32 would give her the bang she likes but with better accuracy (less kick).  Any further opinion on these pistols, that you obviously love, would be great.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline No Buk Chuck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »
Leo  You need to get her to a shoot and ask some pard to let her shoot a set. Elsie my BETTER half has Aurthor real bad and these were perect for her. Elsie has the birdsheads. I'm loading her a mild load with 110 bullets. Recoil isn't a problem and at our distances there very accurate. Shes even let me shoot them let me see if I can remember OH yes maybe a couple times. And by the prices I see the used ones selling for you won't loose any money in the future. I did buy her a set if gunfighter grips so they are quit thin and a very easy grip to hang on to. I would certainly recomend them for a lady with small hands.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2008, 10:08:57 PM »
Thanks Chuck, she loves the birdshead frames.  I'll get her hands on one for a trial run, but the gut tells me we have a winner here.  She has some health issues as well (enough to keep her away from the .30-30) so for the long term, it seems like the perfect caliber.

Leo

Roland Deschain

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2008, 03:35:12 AM »
Thanks Chuck, she loves the birdshead frames.  I'll get her hands on one for a trial run, but the gut tells me we have a winner here.  She has some health issues as well (enough to keep her away from the .30-30) so for the long term, it seems like the perfect caliber.
Leo

I have kinda small hands, and I like the Birdhead grip, too.  When I bought my last Vaquero, it was still back when they were all the bigger versions.  Mine was a special run from the factory (of 5000 if I recall) that was a kind of test version with a 3 3/4" (3.75") short barrel that had the standard grip - they called it a Sheriff's Model.  The gun is polished Stainless, 45 Colt and the white factory grip had no Ruger Medallion, rather the Ruger symbol was "scrimshawed" (laser etched) on it and pretty large.  VERY handsome.  At this time, there were NO Birdhead Vaqueros released - perhaps rumored, but not yet released.  Anyhoo, I found a company called Qualite' that had a DIY (do-it-yerself) brass B-head grip conversion, made of brass.  I chose brass over the stainless they offered and with a set of white Hogue grips.  Lemme tell you - that gun - when polished up and gleaming, is REAL purdy! (IMHO, of course.  ;) )  This grip has a slightly different contour than what Ruger eventually released, about 1-2 years later.

Here it is with an 1890s Iver Johnson topbreak in 38 S&W.  (Yes, the one piece grip on the Iver J IS a factory "target" grip and is VERY comfortable to hold and shoot! And no - it has snap caps in it, not loaded rounds.  :D )

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline No Buk Chuck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
Steel Horse those are some nice looking shooters. The birdsheads are definitly a if it feels good thing. You see alot of folks wanting slimer or birdsheads grips. For me I like the standard size. For the wife birdsheads are the pick. I guess its something we figure out as we go down the trail. What fun Hay!!!   

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
Thankee!

Tons-O-fun!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
Nice hardware! Thanks for the pics and info.
     I prefer the big OMV grips, but I seem to be a minority in the shooting world.

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com