Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448443 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #1200 on: November 28, 2007, 10:13:42 AM »
I'd hazard a guess that the car has IRS and it's a control arm of some sort.
That's what I was gonna say.  ::)  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1201 on: November 28, 2007, 10:31:32 AM »
I'd hazard a guess that the car has IRS and it's a control arm of some sort.

Does that mean the car has TAX problems?  ??? ???
Only my tires ever have TACKS problems!!! ::) ::)
Just couldn't resist! ;D ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1202 on: November 28, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »
Thinkin’ the Major, you ‘n me live in the same place, Angel.

Prolly a suspension part separated on Stoney’s car. Happens. Cheap factory tie rod ends on my last F-150 were worn to nothin’ at less than 50,000 miles. The OEM replacement stuff from Advance did fall apart, literally.

Ya don’t listen ta a wrecker driver when it comes to diagnosis. If they were a knowledgeable mechanic, opps, ‘skooze me, ‘Tech’, they wouldn’t be drivin’ a wrecker.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #1203 on: Today at 10:07:37 PM »

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1203 on: November 28, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
Whatever, Stoney. Glad ya didn’t wreck it ‘n hope the repair bill is reasonable.
That makes two of us. 

Would y'all believe I went to the men's room and missed the call?  I call back and he'd "Just stepped out."  I hate playing phone tag.  Though not quite as much as Del hates telemarketers.

He sure does look after us, Stoney.

Slim

That he does.

Ya don’t listen ta a wrecker driver when it comes to diagnosis. If they were a knowledgeable mechanic, opps, ‘skooze me, ‘Tech’, they wouldn’t be drivin’ a wrecker.

Good advice.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1204 on: November 28, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »
I drove a wrecker a few times, worked in a shop in Wahoo that had one, made a few runs when the boss was gone, not a job I'd want to do full time, never had to haul any real messes.  Was goin' to work one time, snowin' like we should have stayed home, got within a few miles of town, came to where the traffic was stopped, deputy said there was a car off the road, saw the bosses wrecker and got out to help.  Dumbarse had spun out, left the car in the road, wheels turned and locked, snow about knee deep.  Owner no where around, a Torino.  We started to get the dollies out, the Deputy said don't bother, takes to much time, we needed the road open.  He said he'd take the reponsibility, we hooked up to the front and the boss pulled er in that way.  So danged icy we didn't end up rippin' the park out.  Fool sobered up, paid the bill and drove er away. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1205 on: November 28, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »
Oldest had a battery die. Called AAA. They sent someone out to jump it so she could get it back here. Hooked the cables up backwards ‘n blew the alternator. Couldn’t prove it. AAA couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me who they sent. I just went ‘n bought an alternator ‘n a battery at the same time. We don’t have AAA anymore.

Funniest one I ever saw was a dude that fell asleep on an overpass just outside of the Amphib base and ‘perched’ a year old Dodge pickup in the trees. Maybe ten to fifteen feet off the ground.  Wasn’t so high he couldn’t jump outtah it. Wrecker driver called his boss. He looked it over then we all talked about it. Told the boy a crane was needed. He fessed to not havin’ insurance ‘n couldn’t pay for a crane. Asked ‘em to do their best.

Operator climbed up the tree ‘n managed ta chain up the front end. Truck landed nose first. Windshield come out. Truck looked like a stock car that went in the fence head on. Really didn’t look all that damaged before that.

My troop cut ‘im a break ‘n only charged ‘im with reckless drivin’ ‘n no insurance.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1206 on: November 28, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »
Oldest had a battery die. Called AAA. They sent someone out to jump it so she could get it back here. Hooked the cables up backwards ‘n blew the alternator. Couldn’t prove it. AAA couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me who they sent. I just went ‘n bought an alternator ‘n a battery at the same time. We don’t have AAA anymore.

Funniest one I ever saw was a dude that fell asleep on an overpass just outside of the Amphib base and ‘perched’ a year old Dodge pickup in the trees. Maybe ten to fifteen feet off the ground.  Wasn’t so high he couldn’t jump outtah it. Wrecker driver called his boss. He looked it over then we all talked about it. Told the boy a crane was needed. He fessed to not havin’ insurance ‘n couldn’t pay for a crane. Asked ‘em to do their best.

Operator climbed up the tree ‘n managed ta chain up the front end. Truck landed nose first. Windshield come out. Truck looked like a stock car that went in the fence head on. Really didn’t look all that damaged before that.

My troop cut ‘im a break ‘n only charged ‘im with reckless drivin’ ‘n no insurance.

if you only had picture of that kind of stuff you'd have a heck of a book
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1207 on: November 28, 2007, 01:38:13 PM »
One of the guys who lived in Wahoo went out on a wrecker call one time, drunk drove an El Camino off the road, crawled out the window and went fer help.  Vince got the call, went out, looked it over and went home fer a chain saw, wedged tight between two trees.   ;D

He did another one one Sunday, couple a drunks with a ol' Inny PU in the creek, I guess some of them used just a pump for the steering, don't 'member the details on them but won't steer if the engine ain't runnin'.  The worked on it, got the hoses and steering backward and decided it was cool to have the steering wheel work backwards.  Yep, was goin' too fast on a curve, slide in the gravel and corrected the wrong way. ::)

Seen a lot of rollovers up there on gravel roads, they pump Platte River gravel and use that, like marbles at times.  Seen a lot of those 70's Ford F-250 4WD's went upside down, the ones they called Highboys.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1208 on: November 28, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »

the ones they called Highboys.

maybe he was describing the driver  :o :o ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1209 on: November 28, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »
maybe he was describing the driver  :o :o ;D

Naw, them things were so high centered a lot of guys rolled them on gravel roads even when sober. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1210 on: November 28, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »
Rooster, I wish I had all my notes again. I threw ‘em in the fireplace when I quit.

We had a fatality one night. Some drunk tried the curve where Tidewater Dr. turns into City Hall Ave. way too fast. Homicide usually handled those but they were busy so my Auto Theft pukes got stuck with it. The department has a well trained fatality team these days workin’ outtah traffic - where it should have been to start with.

Anyways, it was a Fairmont. Turned up on its left side ‘n slid roof first inta a concrete post. Busted the unibody floor pan. Ole wrecker driver come out ‘n hooked up the front end. Picked it up ‘n the ass end stayed on the ground. Tried the rear end, that didn’t werk either. Only thing keepin’ it in one piece was the roof.

Back then few had roll backs, they all got ‘em now. Dispatcher finally found a Chesapeake company that had one ‘n was willin’ to come out ‘n get the thing. Totally against the rules but we had to get it outtah the street ‘n no one ever said a word about it.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1211 on: November 28, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »
well looks like we're still on the air.  we got a house of rings set up today, found out we're gonna get birds Tuesday so we'll get the houses set up in the next few days and have a couple of days to relax.
Been down changing light bulbs in the growout houses,  had a few dark spots. gotta pick up a few more at town. 

53 here right now, supposed to be a cool front come through tonight, a little cooler tomorrow, no rain called for, just a wind shift.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1212 on: November 28, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »
Well we're here, but the Lab Board went down.  Slow tonight, I need both to keep from being bored. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1213 on: November 28, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
I was sure CC would go down again tonight, oh well.........  ::)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1214 on: November 28, 2007, 07:50:58 PM »
I was sure CC would go down again tonight, oh well.........  ::)
Rather CC stays up, more goes on here at night, the Lab Board is busy durin' the day, durin' the week, if that tells you anything. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #1215 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »
I called the Marshal last night when I wasn't able to get on CasCity for the 2nd night. He said they were upgrading the server and found some problems with something in the program. It's all fixed now. I actually had ta talk to tha wife tha night before... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1216 on: November 28, 2007, 07:59:23 PM »
I called the Marshal last night when I wasn't able to get on CasCity for the 2nd night. He said they were upgrading the server and found some problems with something in the program. It's all fixed now. I actually had ta talk to tha wife tha night before... ;D ;D

They switched servers over on the Lab Board, when it works right it works better, when it don't well you can guess what happens. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1217 on: November 28, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
I feel so sorry fer ya.  ::)  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1218 on: November 28, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »
OK, NOBODY meantion the board goin' down no more, just got two Can Not Find Server messages. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1219 on: November 28, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »
The email notification of new posts is working better now.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com