Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448465 times)

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2007, 04:57:38 AM »
Thanks fer tha Cawfee an' grub PR,
More company comin' tomorrow, reckon I'll do some cleanin' today.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »
Thanks for tha coffee P.R.

I'll pass on tha burrito fer now.

Slim, keep trying I know the right job is out there looking for you!

Arcey, this whole Albert mess might be what finally drives out that screwball City Manager.  I think that the repercussions from this bone-headed decision will go on for quite a while.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2007, 05:31:17 AM »
Thanks for the coffee PR.

Slim, sorry to hear about your rejection letter.

Arcey, I can appreciate your frustration.  I'd be on a mad too.

I'm right proud of myself.  Last night I walked away from a deal.  There was a S&W 1917 .45acp.  It was sweet and I'd say 95%, but the grips were after market.  It was early production because it had the GHS in a circle, which was changed to the flaming bomb in April of 1918.  The price was fair, but the $$ he was offering for my trade fodder just did not bring the price down enough. :'(  I walked away. ;D  Twas the toughest thing for me to do as I suffer from SDA (Sensless Desire to Aquire).

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Advertising

« Reply #343 on: Today at 10:37:23 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2007, 06:26:35 AM »
Your a strong man Stoney Pete

Thanks for the coffee PR and the grub
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2007, 06:31:05 AM »
thnaks fer the coffee

39 here this morning, supposed to be upper 60's today,  

Stoney, ain't no known cure for that SDA, if ya got it,  it'll just stay with ya till the end of yer days. only treatment is to aquire something every once in a while.  ;D  my quick fix is to go home and do some shooting with what I got.   and of course keep my eyes open fer the next good deal.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #346 on: November 08, 2007, 07:57:35 AM »
Mornin' just had a double shot, got erronds to run and don't need to haul extra liquid. ;D

PR, no offense, don't know 'bout what they make in NYC, but if folks from Texas think they is the only ones can make salsa they is wrong, I use Newbrassky Salsa, either my own or "Sandhills Salsa" made in Gorden. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2007, 08:24:02 AM »
Mornin' Fellas,

Made it home safe and sound. Everything looks to be as I left it here. (Dang I was really hopin someone would come in and clean the place  :D)

Wicked Wayze won a good door price at the NC shoot. A real nice 1873 Cattlemans. It beat us home so it was waiting at the shop when we flew in yesterday. Got all the paperwork filled out I will have to make room in the safe for it.  ;D

Y'all have a good day!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2007, 08:28:23 AM »
this'n my favorite song of Hanks

Hank Thompson - Oklahoma Hills Lyrics

Many months have come & gone, Since I wandered from my home In those Oklahoma hills where I was born.
Many a page of life has turned Many a lesson I have learned But I feel like in those hills I still belongWay down yonder in the Indian Nation I rode my pony on the reservation In those Oklahoma hills where I was born Way down yonder in the Indian Nation
A cowboy's life is my occupation In those Oklahoma hills where I was born. But as I sit here today, Many miles I am away From the place I rode my pony through the draw
Where the oak and blackjack trees Kiss the playful prairie breeze In those Oklahoma hills where I was born. Now as I turn life a page, To the land of the great Osage
In those Oklahoma hills where I was born. Where the black oil rolls & flows And the snow white cotton grows In those Oklahoma hills where I was born.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2007, 08:57:43 AM »
Mornin’, folkes.

Tom, I hope this thing causes more hate ‘n discontent then ultimately clears up some valuable office space on Union St. More’n just Regina VK’s

Gonna be another pretty day,  I gottah tire ta plug and I’ll betcha I don’t sweat a single drop.

Happy y’all had fun ‘n yer back safe ‘n sound, Angel.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #351 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Pony Racer.

Use Head and Shoulders before you brush yer hair Slim. ;D  OK, what do you expect for Wissy-con-sin in Nov. ::)
It's been so long since we had a real snow in WI in Nov. It's aways nice to have snow on the ground for Thanksgiving week, which is deer gun season.  ;)

I'm right proud of myself.  Last night I walked away from a deal.  There was a S&W 1917 .45acp.  It was sweet and I'd say 95%, but the grips were after market.  It was early production because it had the GHS in a circle, which was changed to the flaming bomb in April of 1918.  The price was fair, but the $$ he was offering for my trade fodder just did not bring the price down enough. :'(  I walked away. ;D  Twas the toughest thing for me to do as I suffer from SDA (Sensless Desire to Aquire).
Great will power, Stoney.  :)

Welcome back, Scarlet. It's always nice ta get presents.  ;D

'Tis 39 and sunny. High of 46.

The combine is in the cornfields behind the house. The bow hunters will be happy.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
Get Andi up ‘n movin’, she’s gottah be at whatever school she’s werkin’ at one. Get the flat out of the trunk.  Her boyfriend had marked the nail – only missed by about three inches.  Air it up ‘n sprayed it with soap ‘n water.  Showed her the punture.  Nothin’ in the hole.  Rasp it out ‘n grab the rubber cement – the tubes empty.

Send her to Advance ‘cuz it’s close.  I hate Advance BTW.  Drag my floor jack out the barn while I’m waitin’.

She gets back.  Goop everything up ‘n plug it.  Spray it down, no bubbles. Air it up.  Notice the donut looks low.  Need ta check it.

Chock the rear end ‘n jack it up.  She pulls the lugs with the silly l’il wrench what came with the car.  Takes the spare off herself.  I run it up some more ‘n put the tire back on.  Run the lugs down with a real wrench.  She’s puttin’ the jig saw puzzle of a spare ‘n stuff back in the trunk – before I had a chance to check the air. Oh well……

Drop the jack.

‘Dad’

‘Yeah?’

‘The wheel cover goes on first.’

She’s right.  Jack it back up, pull the lugs ‘n put the wheel cover on.  Put the tools away. Grab the Orange Magic out the gun cart ‘n clean up.

She’s tryin’ ta put the valve cap back on ‘n seems ta be havin’ some trouble. That’s because she’s got the cap off the tube of rubber cement instead of the valve cap.

‘Andi, ya might wanna try this one.’ It’s sittin’ on the tail gate of the truck right beside me.

Laugh at an ole man ‘cuz he didn’t know the wheel cover went on first ‘n Karma’ll bite ya in the butt e’er time ……..

Had a good time.  Don’t spend ‘nuff time with her since she’s grown.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »
Howdy, pards. Looks like another pukey day here, cool, sucko coastal marine layer covering everything. Supposed to raqin tomorrow or Saturday. That will help to clear it up.

Stoney, ain't no known cure for that SDA, if ya got it,  it'll just stay with ya till the end of yer days. only treatment is to aquire something every once in a while.  ;D  my quick fix is to go home and do some shooting with what I got.   and of course keep my eyes open fer the next good deal.
OT's right, Stoney, we all have that to some degree. At least you're not alone. Maybe we need a support group (where we can get cheap ammo). ;D

Made it home safe and sound. Everything looks to be as I left it here. (Dang I was really hopin someone would come in and clean the place  :D)

Wicked Wayze won a good door price at the NC shoot. A real nice 1873 Cattlemans. It beat us home so it was waiting at the shop when we flew in yesterday. Got all the paperwork filled out I will have to make room in the safe for it.  ;D
Cool. Welcome back.

Laugh at an ole man ‘cuz he didn’t know the wheel cover went on first ‘n Karma’ll bite ya in the butt e’er time ……..
:D

We see a lot of odd stuff in our travels. I haven't figured out this one we saw yesterday.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: November 08, 2007, 05:52:05 PM »
Heeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeesssssssss   Trinity  ;D

Trinity steps out and says "Thank you" twice then bows. ;D

There's white stuff fallin' outta the sky.

Slim

Wooooooooooooo Hooooo!   :)

that's xacly how he looks but with a uniform that don't fit him
:o  Don't stand in front of him during and after dinner until you're sure the buttons aren't gonna fly!

It's the goverments fault they seen it coming for years and never warned anyone, not to worry FEMA will be dispatched to the scene to offer aid

;D ;D  See, that's why you're gonna win!

No but I bagged my limit on rats ;D

Darn. :(

Mornin' just had a double shot, got erronds to run and don't need to haul extra liquid. ;D

PR, no offense, don't know 'bout what they make in NYC, but if folks from Texas think they is the only ones can make salsa they is wrong, I use Newbrassky Salsa, either my own or "Sandhills Salsa" made in Gorden. ;)

Well, there's the difference.  Most folks just get vegetables from the garden. ;D

Mornin' Fellas,

Y'all have a good day!

Welcome back!  It's so tedious, isn't it... having to make room in the safe. :D

Weird vehicle, Marshal!

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
Hamburgers cooked out on the grill, boy they were good.  fried taters on the side.  red onions, lettuce

my cousin, Dale came from Oklahoma, to visit and go deer hunting when the season opens saturday.  wish we could get one of them hogs that's been digging around in the pasture.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: November 08, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
Hamburgers sound good!

Are you going to hunt with your cousin?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: November 08, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
Hamburgers sound good!

Are you going to hunt with your cousin?

yes, he took a week of his vacation for deer hunting,  he has the last 3 years

almost anythng is better cooked out on the grill,  ;D ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »
Glad to hear it.  I hope you get the big one!

Cooked out on the grill.  As a small boy, I used to make my own BBQ chips by putting plain chips on the grill (not over the fire).  I swore they tasted better than BBQ Lays. ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
Got busy up in the Work Dept today, forgot to mention Rita was running a fever of 101 last night, got some anti-biotics for it today and stayed home. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com