Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma schofields  (Read 12811 times)

Offline Beans

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3:10 to Yuma schofields
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
I have been shooting my 5 inch Schofields (1 Navy Arms, 1 Uberiti) is SASS for over two years and since "3:10 to Yuma" has been release everyone seems to notice my schofields and wants to make some kind of comment.  :o

By the way, I retired my USFA and shoot only the schofields  ;D

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 3:10 to Yuma schofields
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
I assume the comments are positive and not negative.   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Kinda Sudden

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »
Been trying to talk myself in to (or is it out of) one. Really like the hide out version but it seems to be over priced. Something about the Euro dollar. Don't think I want to drop 830.00 on a Italian copy. Also, haven't seen enough of them around to know how they hold up, but Dang they look so neat, especially in nickel with fire blue pins. :o C"mon someone tell me the Uberti's hold up great and shoot to point of aim!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:06:17 PM »

Offline Beans

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
I'vd been shooting SASS for two years with mine,  NO Problems yet and they are  my main guns.

I did/do have an action job by the Cowboy & Indian store in Ca.  I don't know if  it improved durability but it did improve shootability.

I did notice tonight that they have different addreses on them for Navy arms.  :o   One is Martinburg WV and the other one is Ridgefield NJ.  When did Navy Arms move?

On the comments it like"

Can you load them like in the movie.
Did you get them because of the movie?
Can you draw them like the movie

Etc and these question are from experienced SASS  shooters.  Maybe they just want to say something and don't know what to say.

Maybe "nice schofields" don't seem enought to them.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40:14 AM »
I actually got into CAS due to my interest in old west firearms.  Therefore having Schofields is an important part of my collection as well as my shooting.   I know they seem quite expensive, but they are unique firearms and a hoot to shoot.  I have a 3.5 incher in 45colt/45 Schofield and a 7 incher in 44-40.  I have the Wes Hardin style holster for the 7 incher and use a lightning rig for the 3.5 incher.   Regards.  Deadeye.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/Psychman/Schofields1.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/Psychman/Schofields2.jpg
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »
From the experience of owning them, I think the Uberti made Schofields (and Russians) are the best fit and finished guns Uberti makes.  I also have an original S&W Russian 2nd model, and the workmanship is pretty much equivalent.  The Uberti grips fit it perfectly.

Top       S&W Russian
Center   Uberti Russian
Bottom  Uberti NA Schofield

The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Offline schofield kid

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:44:12 PM »
Hi all!

Just wanted to add an image of my Beretta (Uberti) Schofield. in 45 colt, Love it; shoots great! Over 500 rounds with no problems.
Sorry beretta laramie.
Schofield Kid

Offline Rancid Roy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:23:13 AM »
I'm sorry Schofiled Kid...........but that's not a Schofield, its a Laramie which is a copy of the S&W New Model Number 3. But since you own it and its yours you can call it whatever you want. Or you can go buy a Uberti copy of the actual Schofield and be twice as happy. I have two Schofields, a Russian, and the Laramie. All great guns.

Kinda Sudden, for the price of a real S&W in the condition of a Uberti clone.....the Unerti is a steal at even $1,000.00.

My 7 inch Schofield shoots a little high, I have to drop the sight into the V a bit. My 5 inch Schofield shoots right on. My Russian is dead on and shoots 2 inches at 25 yrads with Black Hills ammo. My Laramie shoots abotu 4 inches at 25 yards but I am still playing with it.

Treat them with standard loads, or less, and don't salm them around [like in the movie] and they should last you.

Ne'er Do Well    Chicken Thief

Back Shooter     Ambush Expert

"You hold'em and I'll shoot'em."

GAF 104 Scout and Scoundrel

Offline Marshal J.D.Lightning

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:47:36 AM »
Like you guys I LOVE my Schofield this one is a Beretta (Uberti) in 45 Colt & as far as I know it's still the only one here in Australia in the "White Finish" ( looks like stainless to me !!!!) I am just waiting to get a 5" blued Schofield as there is no way I'll get another like this !!!!!

Take care, have fun & shoot straight.

Lightning
Marshal J.D.Lightning
Provost Marshal. US Cavalry
GAF #422
BOLD #720
BOSS #82
RATS #507
SASA #2528

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com