Author Topic: Vaquero Barrel Length  (Read 8588 times)

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vaquero Barrel Length
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »
I got real confused when I first started collecting the 1858 Remmie , made by the different makers and sellers ..some said theirs were 7 1/2 inch  barrel others printed 8 inch barrel ..when I got them home and put the tape to them ..some were measureing to the start of the forceing cone to end of barrel which measured to 8 inches others omitted the forceing cone and just measured back to where the rifleing started , which measured 7 1/2 inches .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 07:37:46 AM »
Thanks Slim,

That's the one I was diggin' for. ;D  I knew I'd seen it, but the WI DNR web site didn't cough it up.  So, depending on where I'm at, or who is doing the measuring, the barrel length of my wheel guns may or may not include the length of the cylinder. ??? :-\ :o

Anyway, I can safely say this. . . The action of my RVs and ROAs would be "closed".

FWIW, I  found it interesting that a .25ACP would be a legal deer gun here.  Perhaps if I could sneak up on one of 'em in the bed and put it behind their ear and pull the trigger several times real fast. .

Thanks again Slim.  Sounds like an issue we could confuse the hell of a jury with. . .

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:33 AM »
Funny I`ve always heard if you want to piss someone or something off REAL BAD just shoot it with a 25 ACP.
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:35:52 PM »

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »
DD, state regs can indeed be odd.  The Wisconsin folks were obviously thinking in terms of pistols when they wrote that, but didn't add revolver-specific verbiage. Note tha 5 inch standard GI 1911 is not legal, but a lnog barreled .32 S&W would be.

NY is about as bad. Here ya gotta have centerfire and 4 inches of barrel and it USED TO say no less than .38 caliber, but the hunter clubs got that bit taken out to accomodate the 7mm boomers in TC contenders, etc.  So yeah, the net result is a .25 ACP chambered TC contender would be legal (if about the dumbest thing ya ever heard).
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
Heck DD, Slim... Y'all are allowed to use .22's, most states  I've been in say .30 cal or bigger. 'Cept for the shotgun states
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com