Author Topic: Confederate Bowie  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Injun Ryder

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 36201L
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Confederate Bowie
« on: July 31, 2007, 09:53:47 PM »
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I just had to show off the reproduction Confederate Bowie that I had custom made.

It is a copy of a bowie that is in a museum (I think in VA). Like most originals, it is made from a file and file marks are still visible. The sheath is made of wood.

I had some difficulty with the craftsman who made it so I won't mention anything about the individual in this post. It took about a year and a half with me finally asking for my money back before he finished. However, I am very please with the workmanship.
If it ain't life threatenin', it ain't worth worryin' about.

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
Re: Confederate Bowie
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »
Thats one sweet Bowie
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM »
Thats one sweet Bowie
Yes, Indeedy!

It's a great repro.  Sorry you had trouble, but it seems to have worked out well.

There are some problems OFTEN with some craftsmen.  'Specially if they're just getting started.  It seems like that they turn out some genuinely good products; people take special notice then tell their friends; and then before ya know what has happened, they've got more business than they can handle.  It seems to happen often with good leather crafters in our circle of fun! 

Anyhoo, your knife turned out great, and from what the picture shows, is a dead-ringer of a museum piece!!!!!  Thanks for sharing.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:16:05 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com