Author Topic: Which is the correct Treso nipple for a 2nd Gen Colt Navy?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Sixgun Bart

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Which is the correct Treso nipple for a 2nd Gen Colt Navy?
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »

I had a chat with the fine folks at Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading, and they were not sure what the correct Treso nipple for the 2nd Gen Colt Navy is. Thier web site cross reference was a little vauge on using the Colt Repro/original or the Uberti nipple.

Can anyone who has installed a treso nipple on a 2nd Gen Colt Navy give me the definitive answer?

Thanks!

Offline Dusty Morningwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Which is the correct Treso nipple for a 2nd Gen Colt Navy?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »
This is the same conversation and problem I had with Thunder Ridge.  Let's hope someone can answer.  The nipples on my 2nd Gens. are all over the place size-wise.

Offline Sixgun Bart

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 06:11:55 AM »
This is the same conversation and problem I had with Thunder Ridge.  Let's hope someone can answer.  The nipples on my 2nd Gens. are all over the place size-wise.

I am glad I am not alone in not knowing what size to use. I also called Dixie Gun Works a while ago and they were not sure either.

BTW, both of the Colts are 4 digit if that helps.

Thunderridge did say that they would gladly exchange them if I got the wrong ones.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:16:55 PM »

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
The 2nd gen, and the 3rd gen, for that matter, use the Uberti #12-28 threaded nipple.  Uberti made the cylinders for the 2nd gen, and the maker matched them on the 3rd gen..  I have them installed in a 2nd gen.  I have also used the Ruger nipple, but that is short and needs a .010-.015 shim washer under it to get it up to the hammer.

The reason the 2nd gen nipples are all over the place in size is that they are Uberti nipples.  Nipples and springs seem to be the Uberti weakness.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com