Author Topic: Monthly Postal Match  (Read 1446 times)

Online Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Monthly Postal Match
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
Hello!
     I'm starting a montly postal match for battle rifles, carbines, and revolvers.  The match is fired at reduced scale targets at twenty five yards for the rifle and seven yards for the revolvers.  It's based on the 1885 Blunt system and simulates firing at two hundred and three hundred yards for the rifles and fifty yards for the revolvers.  Four targets are shot with five rounds each from standing, kneeling, sitting and prone at each yardage with the rifles.  Four targets are shot with five rounds each for the revolvers, all from a one handed standing position.  Weapons allowed will follow the Battle Rifle standards as previously posted on this forum.  We will probably have a civilian category in the future, but I'm going to stick with battle rifles for now.  Since I'm just getting started in this, expect it to evolve over time as I learn!  Price will be $5.00 per weapon per month, with the proceeds going to our local CAS club, the Calamus Vigilance Committee.  If you're interested, send your fees to Dale Beethe, 105 S. 18th Street, Ord, NE  68862, and I'll send out your first packet with the rules and targets.  The top three places each month will receive a certificate of their accomplishment (how's that for fabulous prizes?!!) and bragging rights, for what they're worth.  Good shooting!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com