Author Topic: Anyone shooting BP in a New Model Vaquero?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone shooting BP in a New Model Vaquero?
« on: May 08, 2007, 01:05:20 PM »
Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone has shot BP loads out of their New Model Vaqueros and any comments on the same. I read somewhere on the internet that the tolerences are tighter and the newer revolvers foul quickly but I would like to see what kind of experience ya'll have had.
Thanks!
Mild Myles

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Anyone shooting BP in a New Model Vaquero?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »
I was a-waitin' for someone else to reply since I've NEVER fired a new one with BP.
But I have observed a match where someone else did.  And they did have some slight bindin' problems that they never had with smokeless.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
I was a-waitin' for someone else to reply since I've NEVER fired a new one with BP.
But I have observed a match where someone else did.  And they did have some slight bindin' problems that they never had with smokeless.

MG

Thanks MG, I was just wondering. On CPT Baylor's pages he gives a good report using BP with them. If you just have to wipe them down at lunch like I hear is the case with 1858 Remingtons then it isn't a big deal.
Mild Myles

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:08:00 PM »

Offline Sixgun Bart

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:23:20 PM »
I only shoot BP in my NMV. At first it had some binding problems, but it seems to be getting better. I clean base pin and the chamber mouth with Ballistol every 4 or 5 stages.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com