Author Topic: W3G - What is up with people?  (Read 3769 times)

San Yskidrow Belle

W3G - What is up with people?
« on: November 17, 2004, 12:24:52 PM »
I had no clue what W3G was until I shot a match for the first time on Sunday (14 Nov).  I had a good time even though I sucked.  Out of 35 shooters I placed 33rd.  I am going to read more W3G posts in the future instead of ignoring them like I have done on the past.

I noticed on the SASS Wire a few smartass remarks about W3G shooters.  What is wrong with people?  Just because someone comes up with a different way to shoot does that mean that CAS is going to get corrupted by W3G shooters?  Can you say JEALOUS?  As long as we have fun shooting and are safe what is the problem?  Some people won't be happy if they get hung with a new rope. 

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What is up with people?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 04:43:30 PM »
Belle,
Glad you had a great time!  Hope we see you back next month.  Don't worry about those malcontents over there.  We know we're having a blast.  They just can't stand someone else to be having more fun than they are. :D

Offline REELFOOT REGULATOR

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »
Thats the very reason why i dont go to the sass wire much, and certainly not to post anything.
Reelfoot
NRA
SASS
IDPA
SMOKEY BOTTOM GUN CLUB
WEST TN LONGRIDERS(HOME OF THE FARRINGTON BROS GANG)
COLLECTOR & SHOOTER OF MILSURPS

Advertising

Re: W3G - What is up with people?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:04:37 PM »

Offline Mick McCrady

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 07:52:41 AM »
well i'm new to this section, so i'll ask the newbie question-what is w3g?  I would like a serious answer, cause it might be something that i might want to shoot.  I like sass, but want to expand my genre(big word for shootin' more!)  thanks for the info in advance.

Mick McCrady sass30504
sass,sbss,gaf,gofwg,warthog,nra,goa,ccrkba,jpfo, etc.
tincan sailor-east coast flotilla
vietnam 65-66(when I left, we were winning)

Offline Doc Shapiro

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Handmade Pistol Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 12:12:57 PM »
Western 3 Gun is a very new Western Action Shooting sport.  It combines some of the elements from SASS that we all really enjoy and some elements from IPSC.  For example, you'll be able to shoot on the move.  There is an accuracy component.  In many cases, some targets in a string are blocked from view and you'll have to move to engage them.  You'll be able to make up misses. 

There is some more information at http://www.western3gun.com

Also, I've got some video footage from a match on my web site at http://www.jspublications.net/MatchReport/

And, we're in the process of starting up a new club in the Sacramento are.  Info for that at: http://www.jspublications.net/W3G/

Doc

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 12:15:29 PM »
Looked at the video's Doc and it does look like a lot of fun, if it ever comes to town I'll have to go check it out.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com