Author Topic: War Spanish-American (Cuba)  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Spanish Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
War Spanish-American (Cuba)
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »
Dear comrades:

A good friend has lent me a book.  "El ejército español en Cuba (1895-98)", "The Spanish Army in Cuba (1895-98)".  I believe that it is very interesting. The drawings are very good and the pictures also. You can find it in this web, ww.grunoel.com
The book is about only spanish uniforms and equipment.

In these days, I cannot be a lot in Cascity. I have a very close relative in the hospital. She is in hands of God.
 My family and I attempt the biggest possible time her.

Thanks.

Spanish Marshal
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

Offline Kiowa Jack 52241-L

• Citizen
  • 1st Sgt, 10th Cav
  • Liked:
Re: War Spanish-American (Cuba)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »
Prayers up for your family.  Thanks for the information.
RUCAS, SASS-Life, ROII, GAF #461, RATS #348. SBSS #1985, IPSAC #70, NRA , USN (Ret. 56-78), Tonkin Gulf Yatch Club - PIREZ (68-70),  God Bless our Troops - Ready Forward

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:19:28 AM »
A good friend has lent me a book.  "El ejército español en Cuba (1895-98)", "The Spanish Army in Cuba (1895-98)".  I believe that it is very interesting. The drawings are very good and the pictures also. You can find it in this web, ww.grunoel.com
The book is about only spanish uniforms and equipment.
Sorry to hear about your family issues!  :-[
A buddy of mine has this book, pretty obscure and interesting stuff. Doing Spanish at a Span-Am event is like doing US Army at a CW deep in the south. Nobody hardly ever wants to do it because it ain't popular.
I find it funny how few truly good reference books on the Span-Am war there really are. Today, I was at a book store and saw the new Osprey book on Span-Am. I used to know the guy who wrote it when I lived in Florida. Sadly, I was not impressed at all and left it sitting on the rack. I did find a good old copy of "The Rough Riders" by Roosevelt, been meaning to read that for a while now...
I have "Cowboys in Uniform" the Brassey book on Span-Am, as well as the Cohen 100th anniversary book that PH put out (bought it at Gettysburg, at the Horse Solider in 1998, long before I was into this stuff, just seemed like a good idea). I'm not aware of much else that's in the league...

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:29:20 PM »

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
I hope that your family member does as best as possible.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
One of the most fascinating books I have is a volume titled "History of the Spanish American War"  a first edition published in late 1898/early 1899! (the Forward is dated October 1898, even before the formal peace treaty had been signed. Stumbled across it in a local antique shop last year.  Lots of details, pictures/color plates and engravings.  A bit jingoistic, but very informative, especialy of the political posturing of the time, with particular interest paid to the political reaction in Europe.  A number of speechs given in the British Parliment are reported verbatim.  It also reflects the US debate over what to do with the Phillipines. 

By Henry Watterson.  Grab one if you ever see it, I'll bring mine around if I get the chance.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
Oh, I forgot "The Splendid Little War" printed in the 50s, bought a copy about the same time I was considering Span-Am for my CAS impression....
Not a bad little book, plenty of good photos in there you don't see most places!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com