Author Topic: Lookee Them Pants  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lookee Them Pants
« on: March 14, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
Just opened my copy of the Cowboy Chronicles and 'bout lost m'teeth on page 17. Somebody was tryin' to imitate our illustrious General or was that really him?  General, I dirty double-dog dare ya to wear that outfit to the 2007 Muster banquet (with spats).

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Lookee Them Pants
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »
Capt Little,

Seeing as how I am without the latest reading material from SASS, I cannot comment on your observation.  It would appear, however, that you may be referencing my civilian "walking out" clothes when feel the need to blend in among the general populace. 

Since it is civilian attire, I must desist in wearing it to the Grand Muster since it is only proper and fitting that, as senior officer of the GAF, I appear in full uniform.

However, you may recall that I wore this rather dapper and distinctive suit to the 2006 NCOWS Convention. 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
Sir:  I most heartily agree with your need to wear a uniform at the Muster Banquet.  How about during the day?  I don't recall seeing you in those clothes but I am close enough to 60 to have conveniently forgotten.  There should be some sort of medal for having the most photos in one edition of a CAS publication while not being one of the Wild Bunch.

BTW, glad to hear you made it back home safely. Europe can be tough sometimes.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:47:23 PM »

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
Larry-

Europe was fine.  Ate some great food, had some fine wines with it, and met some very nice people.  Best of all, my boss was greatly impressed with my various accomplishments.  Looking forward to the next opportunity.  The wife has said I can't go back again unless she goes too.  Funny, she didn't make that demand when I went to Iraq!

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »
Sir,

Sounds like you married one SMART lady! ;) ;D

Brv't. LtC. Dr. Bob
Topog
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
I know how that is. After telling my wife of the places in Europe I had been, she was delighted to think of a trip. However when told of some other more humid/hot places I have ventured into, she seemed to lose all interest. When asked by an Indonesian missionary if I would entertain the thoughs of becoming the director of a training school on Timor, the first question out of her mouth was, "What kinds of insects do you have?" After a "National Geographic" documentary type answer, she quickly declined for me.  WOMEN...no sense of adventure.  Now, her idea of 'roughing it" is the corner suite at Holiday Inn with the pull-down bed.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »
Just opened my copy of the Cowboy Chronicles and 'bout lost m'teeth on page 17. Somebody was tryin' to imitate our illustrious General or was that really him?  General, I dirty double-dog dare ya to wear that outfit to the 2007 Muster banquet (with spats).

After waiting in vain for nearly a month for the CC to arrive, I had to break down and call SASS HQ for a replacement issue.  Of course, I was hitting the road again so I didn't get to see it until I got home last weekend. 

I don't know what you mean about them pants - they is perfectly correct!  I figure we need to see more fellows wearing pants like that - get away from all that canvas that most seem to favor.  Unless of course you're in the GAF, then it should be sky blue, navy blue, gray or butternut wool! 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »
Sir:  ...There should be some sort of medal for having the most photos in one edition of a CAS publication while not being one of the Wild Bunch.

I only counted three photos - and two of those were in the same outfit - weren't all that much.  I was kind of surprised they didn't have one of me leading the grand march at the banquet ball.  Now that was a hoot!

I'd have probably placed higher in the uniform competition except I was the first one up out of some 10 of us in the military uniform category.  General Lee and Lieutenant Flipper were the last two in the category.  Having been a judge at the SASS Convention, I know that those who come later in the lineup tend to get higher scores, but that is the way it goes.  I had some tell me they thought I should have got 1st Place, but they weren't judging - and I know it is a tough job. 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »
Sir,  Three is still two more than I have seen anyone else get without being one of the Top Dogs. In the future I shall refrain from comments about your Zoot Suit since my favorite is my Confederate Genl officer's uniform which gets worn quite often. However, I still think a pair of spats would really liven up that suit and if you could learn to do a Soft Shoe with a cane in hand, well, who knows where things could go from there.

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »
...since my favorite is my Confederate Genl officer's uniform which gets worn quite often.

You may recall that at the 2006 NCOWS Convention, I wore a Confederate Colonel's uniform (ain't eveyone in Virginia a colonel? - I heard someone say  ;D).

I'm taking the American Queen down the Ohio this fall with Kincade's Irregulars and we're spending a few days before the boat ride touring Gettysburg, Antietam and Harper's Ferry.  As we did when we went down the Missisippi on the Delta Queen, I'll be wearing a variety of US and CS uniforms to fit the particular occasion. 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »
Yes Sir, I remember it quite distinctly. Maybe everyone in Virginia is a Colonel but not many of them were Artillery Colonels.  Would love to take a riverboat trip but already have such a busy schedule that I will need to shift things around just to get to some shoots. GAF Muster and NCOWS shoots are top priority.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com