Author Topic: ? for the pards in RE; longhorns  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
? for the pards in RE; longhorns
« on: October 31, 2004, 05:06:58 PM »
Spotted an AWA Longhorn at a gun show this weekend. Looks to be NIB in .357 and 5 1/2" barrel. It also appears to be one of the Turnbull finished frames, case colors are fantastic. wanted opinions on what would be a fair price on this gun. If he still has it at the Medina show in two weeks, I believe I'm gonna try to get it. what say the experienced pards?.......Buck 8) ::) ??? ???
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
Re: ? for the pards in RE; longhorns
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 06:42:24 PM »
I have a pair of 5 1/2" AWA Longhorns in .357. They're great. No trouble with them (got maybe a couple thousand rounds through each) and they shoot right on, although I had to file a lot of the front sights off to bring them up to POA. the CC isn't Turnbull, and to my knowledge, it never was on any of them. I was tole it wasn't even real CC, although it looks great. Remember, the Longhorn was the lower priced model they had at the time. I figure I could sell mine for about $350 if I really wanted to. But I don't. Here's a pic for comparison for you. Obviously, those aren't the original grips.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 09:15:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Marshal. The one I'm looking at doesn't have any blues in it. Mostly all shades of brown. I remember somewhere that there were a few done with actual bone case. don't know why, maybe they were PK frames that didn't get made into  PK's because of Colt's suit. Had to use the frames up somehow. Just a guess. anyway, this one is supposedly NIB and I was wondering if the $400 asking price was in line. It has wood grips a lot lighter color than on Uberti's, more of a brownish than reddish...........Buck 8) ::) :-\ ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:23:03 AM »

Offline Terry

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 08:40:27 AM »
There was a NIB not long ago on Gunbroker for $350.00.  The barely used one I have I paid $275 for.
I have two pistols made by ASM, the "Model 1873", which was a special edition something and an older  Hartford model from EMF....both work great.  They're actullay closer to the real thing than the Model P's from Cimarron.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 01:33:26 PM »
There was a difference in the color casehardening between the Longhorn and Peacekeepers when they first came out, then the only difference in the process was that the Peacekeepers received a higher gloss finish.  I've got a pair of Longhorns and I love them, and if you can get the pistol for around 300 dollars, I'd consider it a bargain.. ;D
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com