Author Topic: Capital City Cowboys  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Major Lee Wild

• Major Lee Wild
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Capital City Cowboys
« on: October 28, 2004, 07:37:36 PM »
The Capital City Cowboys shooting range is affiliated with the Capital City Gun Club.  The Capital City Gun Club is a multi-discipline club with 6 ranges.  The Cowboys utilize range 4 to hold the monthly Cowboy Action Shoots.  Cowboy Action Shooters and Cowboy Silhouette shooters do not have to belong to the Capital City Gun Club or the Capital City Cowboys.  All cowpokes are welcome to shoot.

The Capital City Cowboys shoot on the fourth Sunday of each month. We are SASS affiliated and follow their rules. Also, both eye and ear protection are mandatory. You'll generally need two revolvers, a rifle, and a shotgun with at least a box of ammunition for each gun to get through a match. Bring extra, 'cause there's nothing worse than coming up short of ammo in the middle of a shootout! If you don't have all the guns, don't worry, come on out. Cowboys are a friendly bunch and someone will probably loan you what you need. Just make an attempt to "dress cowboy" and plan to have a good time.

See ya’ll at the range!

Ride easy,

Major Lee Wild

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Capital City Cowboys
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:42:35 PM »
The Good Major is right about the pards at the Capital City Cowboys.  My very first shoot was with the CCC.  My rifle broke and I had the Kansas Kid offer to fix it and slick it up and another pard, offer me his rifle to finish the shoot.  It was a nerve racking and great experience at the same time.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com