Author Topic: Hartford Armory  (Read 2967 times)

Offline John Wolf

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hartford Armory
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
Has any Pards tried those Hartford Armory Remington's or even seen any of em. I hear they're built out of the best by the best???? Expensive, but warranted for life.

John Wolf.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Re: Hartford Armory
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
Howdy pard, glad to see you in CAS City.

I have a pair of Hartford Armory Remington 1875 pistols, 7.5" barrels in 45LC

They are well made, but they aren't perfect by any means. They do have a bit of trigger creep, the timing, while good, isn't perfect and they are as different as night and day.

I have yet to be assured of the "lifetime warranty" because I haven't sent them back, it took too damn long to get them the first time.

I must say, POA and POI are REAL close to the same.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
I have been on a waiting list for about a year now.  It is my understanding that Taylors is the only one who carries them.  Unfortunately,  the fella who makes them is not doing so at the moment, but Taylors keeps hoping he will get retooled and start again.  Last time my FFL called Taylors  (about 2 months ago)  they said....dont hold your breath.  Another example of a company continuing to advertise something that isnt even available.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:50:10 PM »

Offline Cordillera Kid

• Citizen
  • SASS#49884
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
I don't have any idea what the turnaround time is now, but for my pair it was about 2 - 2.5 years. I think I ordered & paid for them in early 2003. Mine are 7-1/2", 44Mag/44Spl, consecutive #'s and a set of .44-40 cylinders. (I cut my deal with Hartford Armory before they signed up with Taylors to distribute.)

I got 'em and they are everthing I could have asked for. Beautiful finish, quality metallurgy, yadda yadda. Definetly the Mercedes of 1875 Remmies.

I don't know what the state of current affairs is for Hartford Armory. I have read different posts on the SASS wire that express a lot of pessimism about Hartford's future. I hope that isn't the case, but I ain't gonna speculate. I was treated o.k. in all my dealings, there was just a lot of delays.

If I had a dollar for evey time my wife said "You'll never see them pistols", they would have been free!! And believe me, there were moments I thought she was gonna be right.
"Shoot Low Boys....They are Ridin' Shetlands !!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com