What is the GAF?

Started by Major Matt Lewis, December 10, 2006, 10:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US Scout

This is great!

Major Matt and I have discussed the problem of getting people to volunteer to take on the various responsibilities in the GAF.  Right now I'm also double-hatting as the Brigade Adjutant and its eating me alive.  I spend all day tied to a computer screen, researching and writing, and doing the same when I get home can be a real trial.

I know all of us are busy and we all have competing priorities for our time.  Family and work should always take precedence before a hobby, no matter how enjoyable that hobby may be, but that doesn't mean you can't spread some of that free time around a bit.

I'm sure most of us can find a few spare moments to help out the GAF, particularly with the Grand Muster.  We can use people to write stages, arrange the banquet, arrange for awards, help with registrations, prepare the participant packages, and then help set up the range, serve as range officers, run the color guard each morning, run the uniform and camp juding competition, and peform a variety of other small duties that would greatly save the Match Director a lot of time and effort.

I encourage everyone to step forward.  If we all work together, it'll make this easier for all, plus give you a personal stake in seeing that the Muster is the greatest one ever. 

Make this YOUR Muster! 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Major Matt Lewis

I will start another thread that is for volunteers to signup on. 
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Guns Garrett

"Pontificating"?  "Bloviating"? - you MUST be an O'Reilly fan! Very pithy!
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Frenchie

Laura Ingraham says "pontificating" and "bloviating" also. And she's a babe! Schwing!

Major, what's the Awards Officer do?
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Major Matt Lewis

Frenchie,

I am not completely sure and would ask you and Scout to talk directly.  But I think it is basically processing all Star of Merit requests that come in through the GAF Website.  Once again, I don't know what that involves.  Scout is the man that can give you the 411.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Drydock

Just a note of encouragment, and a caution.

Again, let us not overthink this.  Though we can plan as elaborate as we wish, should events warrent, it is no dissapointment to simply get together in a field around a campfire for the  enjoyment of each others company.  Any old soldier would tell you that his best memories are not of the battlefield, but in the grandly simple pleasures of the camp.

Let us not lose sight of this.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com