Author Topic: A visit to Taylor's  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Pinkerton Agent

• Pinkerton Agent
  • Active citizen
  • "We Never Sleep"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A visit to Taylor's
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »
This past week I had a function to attend in Washington D.C. so I included a stop at Taylor's in the route planning. Got there about 20 minutes before closing and had the pleasure of meeting "Tammy" the Sales Manager. Discussed with her the only less-than-good issue that I have with the Spencer Carbine; the rear sight blade. She is well aware of that issue as the new ones they are importing have a slightly improved version and will soon have some new replacement blades in stock. I have ordered one of the new versions and look forward to getting it installed.

Got to fondle a Spencer Rifle (full size) and found it to be quite hefty. Tammy told me that 56-50 versions are available right now and some are on the way in 44/40 caliber. While I find the logistics appealing for the 44-40, now that I am all set up for the 56-50 I think I will stay in that mode.   

I coon-fingered everything in the place and lost track of time.The staff there stayed over to accomadate me and finally my wife pointed out to me that it was past closing time.

Bottom line is that I was quite impressed with the operation and it was time well spent visiting there. They are on the north side of Winchester, Virginia, within an hour's drive of Antietiam, Harper's Ferry, and the NRA Headquarters.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: A visit to Taylor's
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:04:33 PM »
Pinkerton Agent,

Thanks for the post, interesting reading.  Did Tammy say anything about discontinuing the .45 Schofield Spencer?

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Offline Pinkerton Agent

• Pinkerton Agent
  • Active citizen
  • "We Never Sleep"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »
Two-Flints, she didn't say anything about it but then I didn't ask. Most of my time was spent looking at the Spencer rifle and checking out the other models they offer.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:34:42 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com