Author Topic: winchester 73 question  (Read 2131 times)

Offline buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
winchester 73 question
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:40:08 PM »
I have noticed while reloading, some of my cases have a sharp groove cut into the rim.  I shoot .45LC in both my revolvers and my rifle. I noticed it while trying to take the case out of the shell holder it was sticking.  I can't  see or feel anything sharp on the carrier. I havent taken the side panels off of the rifle yet because i can't budge the screws out yet...they are tight!  Any hints and thoughts what it might be from?  I havent tried any of the groovy reloads in my rifle yet to see if they are going to hang up.  I was just going to use them in the revolvers until I can sovle the problem.  :-\

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Re: winchester 73 question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »
Most likely the extractor is cutting the groove into the rim, You could look at it to see if there are any burrs that might be causing it.if there are you could lightly stone the offending area carefully to remove the burrs
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Razorback Joe

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »

Hi Buck

I had problem with them, can't budge the screws, with my rifle too.   But what I did is I got me a can of Kano Kroll and dab a bid of the oil on the screw and lay on the side and let it sweep in the hole for about 3 days, and if still won't budge give it couple more days.   That should do it but  beware those screws are soft.

Razorback Joe

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:37:15 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com