Author Topic: Bad News  (Read 3913 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Bad News
« on: August 23, 2006, 05:38:03 AM »
Yesterday I learned that I will not be able to attend the Grand Muster this year. 

As most of you know, I'm an enthusiastic and staunch supporter of the Grand Musters.  They have been the highllight of my shooting year - and one of the major selling points for the GAF.  I was looking forward to this year not only to see friends from previous Musters but also because we had a new location and to see the Battle Rifle trials.  And, as usual, it would have given me the opportunity to meet yet more GAF members. 

I will be having surgery a few days after the Muster and my doctor recommends that I not take any trips just before then.  I was hoping to do it in September but the doctor rescheduled me for October.  I had to take the date available or wait for several months.  After a short stay in the hospital, I'll be "sick in quarters" for a couple of weeks while on pain meds.  I'm not exactly looking forward to the experience!

I hope that everyone attending the Grand Muster has a great time.  Our new Chief of Staff, Brevet Colonel and Major Matt Lewis, I'm sure will be fully capable of representing GAF HQ on my behalf. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bad News
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:25:56 AM »
You will be missed Sir.  But heres prayers for a safe and speedy recovery.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:31:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Sir.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:37:19 PM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:06:23 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!  Will be talking to the "Big Commander" for you!

Jim
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »
Shoulder?

I hope all goes as well as it possibly can.  I may be able to amply represent GAF, but Scout, nobody can Pee Pee Dance like you :o
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 05:32:17 PM »
Nope, not the shoulder, which is now pretty well healed thanks to lots of physical therapy.  It is something else.  Nothing life-threatening per se (except going under the knife can always be risky), but the doc figures I need the surgery sooner than later.

I'll be at the Muster in spirit, if not in person.  I'm not happy about missing it, but these things happen.  I just wish they didn't happen when I have other plans!  I even had a new uniform I was looking forward to wearing.

Matt - I figure my rendition of the Pee Pee Dance will be not only difficult to replicate but maybe even impossible to surpass, but I know you'll give it your "best shot" if the competition is held again this year. 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 05:40:58 PM »
Sorry to hear of your impending surgery as you will be greatly missed. Will try to post pics of the shoot I shall not only be praying for your speedy recovery but even more so for the Doctors who will be doing the work. They are the ones who really need it.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
Good luck & God speed!
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »
Well that's a real bummer, Scout.  That's two good shoots you've missed this year.  (The Nor'Easter was the other one you wern't able to make.)

I hope all goes as it is supposed to with the surgery.  Maybe you should have Dr. Bob look in on you.  ;D

Lou ( Pee-Pee Dance) Graham

Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »
Lou,

This has not been a good "shooting" year for me.  I haven't even been able to get to the range but a handful of times, let alone to a (CAS) match, which is one reason I was really looking forward to the Muster (which is my favorite shoot, bar none).  I'm gonna try hard to rectify that situation next year. 

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 05:46:22 PM »
Hope the surgeon's hands are steady and true!

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com