Author Topic: Volunteers Wanted  (Read 1879 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Volunteers Wanted
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
Members of the Grand Army of the Frontier,

During the last several months, and behind the scenes of TFS and CAS City, I have been requesting the GAF leadership, particularly those in command of the Departments and the (state) Divisions, to become more active.

Few have responded or appeared to let us know they are still interested in the GAF, let alone in moving us forward.  A few, admitting they no longer have the time necessary to organize and run their areas, have sent in their resignations, which I have reluctantly and regrettably accepted as these individuals contributed greatly to the initial creation of the GAF.  They have not left the GAF, merely stepped down to allow someone with more time and energy to take up the reins.

With that in mind, I will be looking for some new volunteers to take over the Departments of the Platte, Missouri and Pacific.  I will solicite Volunteers after I return from the Middle East in mid-February, so you have plenty of time to consider the idea.

I am looking for individuals who can promote the GAF within their areas of responsibility.  I would like each Department to host at least one GAF event - a regional Muster (CAS-type shooting match or long range shoot), a reenactment or living history program, a social event such as a dance (think of all the uniforms!), or something of similar nature where GAF members can get together.  These don't have to be elaborate affairs, just something that will encourage at least regional participation. 

As a Department Commander, you will need to appoint your Division Commanders, one per State (with California and Texas getting a couple more), but these do not need to be done in haste.  We want individuals who will carry on the GAF mission, to include the types of events mentioned above, within their State boundaries. 

If we do not begin to move forward, we will stagnate and disappear.  The GAF is a great idea and I do not want to see it die for lack of interest or activity. 

If you think you have the skills, discipline, dedication and motivation to help make the GAF a vibrant and growing organization, please consider taking on one of these positions. 

Lastly, I want to thank all of you who have contributed so much of your time, energy, dedication, knowledge, and skills to making the GAF a truely unique organization. 

US Scout
GAF Chief of Staff

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Volunteers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
Dispatches have already been sent to the commanders within the Department of the Atlantic soliciting
ideas. A good portion of the Department is currently in Winter quarters and will take advantage of this opportunity the plan for the coming year. Anyone in the Department intersted in working on the ideas put forth by US Scout please contact me ASAP.

Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
Commander Dept. of the Atlantic
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com