Author Topic: Salutes to the pledge?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Salutes to the pledge?
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:43:42 AM »
Okay, new CAS guy question:
My local club does the pledge of allegience before a shoot (I went once as a spectator). I'll be in a Rough Rider uniform at the shoot next month.
When I was active duty, it never came up to be outside when this happens in uniform. Heck, I don't remember saying the pledge at all in uniform anywhere, now that I think on it.
But I think I salute for that, right, instead of taking off my hat? Or as CAS isn't really a re-enactment, would that be correct after all?

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Salutes to the pledge?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:27:53 AM »
At the local shoots around here in Kansas, when the pledge is said and I am in uniform, I come to the position of attention and render a hand salute.  With cover on.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »
At the local shoots around here in Kansas, when the pledge is said and I am in uniform, I come to the position of attention and render a hand salute.  With cover on.

Ditto for most of the veterans' organizations in Colorado, even though they may only have their vet's overseas or baseball caps on.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:09:41 AM »

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:21:44 AM »
Works for me. Like I said, in all my ROTC/active duty/reserves years, the issue just never came up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com