Author Topic: Wha'happened???  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Calamity Jane

• Top Active Citizen
    • Calamity Jane's
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wha'happened???
« on: September 03, 2007, 06:04:18 AM »
... to the Dept. of the Missouri?

I been gone fer awhile 'n' I run into another GAFer at Bordertown Shootout (East Grand Forks, Mn.) so I decided to check the home page 'n' there ain't no more Artillery Commander so I ain't Adjutant no more? Does that mean I get my pay cut  >:( Gotta watch this danged army! If'n ya don't, they demote ya while ya ain't lookin  :o

Imagine that! After all these years,  I finally met nuther GAFer  ;D

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Wha'happened???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 08:47:38 AM »
Jane! Good to hear from you.

When US Scout became the commander of the GAF I was appointed the Col. for the Dept. of the Missouri. At about the same time we also decided it would be best to appoint Division (state or provence) Commanders so that easch GAF member would have access to a more local commander. When we did that we also re-drew the department boundary lines so that states wouldn't be split between two departments. With that I felt it was best to have the Department of the Missouri page updated to reflect the emphasis on divisions rather than service branches.

With that I would be inclined to say that if you were the Adjutant for the artillery commander before, you still are; except that when the boundary lines were re-drawn, Canada was assigned to the Department of the International. If I remember correctly you're a Canadian and therefore would not be in the Department of the Missouri any longer. You'll need to contact Rattlesnake Jack Robinson about a possible appointment in his Department.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Calamity Jane

• Top Active Citizen
    • Calamity Jane's
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »
Darned shame! I'm a lot closer (and shoot more often) in Minnesota - ain't never shot in Alberta.

Guess maybe I'll haffta start me own army - The Northern Southerners and beat these damned Yankees back south!  :o

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:22:56 PM »

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:14:51 PM »
Maybe if the Adj. of Artillery was considered on (detached service) to posts north of the border, she could stay in the Depatment of the Missouri, since that might be a better fix practically speaking for her.  (If I overstep my bounds, tell me to shut up and get back to work.  ;D  You know us Senior NCO's alway trying to be practical   ::) and such...     

It ain't totally unheard of with members of the 7th Cavalry being detailed on "Detached Service" in Washington DC, while their regiment was on campaign to the Little Big Horn.
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com