Author Topic: Dusty Johnson DVD and holster pattern anyone have it?????  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Rocky Jones

• Citizen
  • Rocky
    • Rocky Jones CAS Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dusty Johnson DVD and holster pattern anyone have it?????
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:39:37 PM »
I'm looking at buying this dvd and pattern pack. Does anyone here have it?
Are the patterns for "B Western" type holsters like he makes?
Thanks in advance.
DRJ
Gallant Gunfighters #1
SBSS #1755
BOSS #70
OGB Immortal
Old West Order of Horse Pistol Shooters
"Shoot low boys they may be ridin' ponies!"

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Dusty Johnson DVD and holster pattern anyone have it?????
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »
I have it in the old vhs format and consider it to be a good tape for the new comer or anyone interested in looking at someone elses methods.  Seems there is a Cheyenne style, a somewhat?? Duke style and the buskyderro rig looks more like a cross between silver screen and walk&draw style.  There are one or two knife sheaths included also.  He really gets into designing belts with various type bullet loop styles also.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 06:28:50 AM »
Hi Rocky,

It looks like you can phone order this video from the Pleasant Valley Saddle Shop in Loveland, Colorado. Its in a VHS format and costs $29.95.

Their phone number is 800-571-0021 and web address is www.pvsaddleshop.com

I've just started doing leatherworking myself and been looking for something like this. I'm going to order this tape as I'm always looking for more ideas and methods.

I also ordered a book yesterday from Barnes & Noble called "Packing Iron". I found out about this book right here in the Leather Forum. This book has lots of pictures of old holsters in it. Several good things about ordering from B & N is that there are no shipping charges, you don't have to pay for it ahead of time and if I don't like it... no obligation to buy it.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:04:28 AM »

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »
There are two other videos out that I would highly recommend; The Bianchi series is nothing short of excellent and the Holster Making video put out by George Hurst (HideCrafters) is well worthy of owning.  Newest one out is by Wild Rose Trading Company and I hope to receive my copy tomorrow or the next day and will comment on it after watching.  You will be amazed at how much can be learned from watching the same task being executed by several people useing different methods, this is why I would hate to call one better than another.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com