Author Topic: Late model USRCS Buttons inbound - wahoooooooooo  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Late model USRCS Buttons inbound - wahoooooooooo
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
Through many contacts and a mistake made by the Waterbury button company I am now awaiting my 1870-1890 USRCS buttons - made with the original dies by the original manufacturer - just brand new.  My re-enactor friends said to call them "Waterbury-made "later model" or "late 1800's" RCS buttons".

I am stoked.  I had to buy two gross boxes of each size (144 buttons in a gross), but at what originals cost - it was a bargain.

These buttons were sold to a re-enactor group as early model buttons (pre-Civil War), but it turns out that the die the company found and used the latter version dies; therefore the re-enactment group sent back the entire order.  When they returned them - a guy who belongs to the group emailed me to let me know that the company was soon to have several gross boxes of the late model buttons.

I will post pics when I recieve them.  It is hard to believe this has happened - I had written off ever getting actual USRCS buttons made just for a few coats/vests or buying originals due to the emmense cost.

V/R

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Cool!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »
Cool, PR!

I LOVE it when a plan comes together!  ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Late model USRCS Buttons inbound - wahoooooooooo
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
M buttons arrived, seamstress will have my frock coat and vest done wedns!!

I am working on a couple things with quartermastershop - now that I have buttons I am looking at a second vest and pants(wool), a short jacket and maybe a sack coat.

The USRCS short jacket does not show the buttons but has a fly flap of mohair braid on both sides- almost gives it the look that it had a zipper.

The sack coat is similar but had the stand up small collar like the vests.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Advertising

Re: Late model USRCS Buttons inbound - wahoooooooooo
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:26:25 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com