Author Topic: US 1872 Enlisted Blouse  (Read 388 times)

Offline Garret

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
US 1872 Enlisted Blouse
« on: December 30, 2023, 12:38:02 PM »
Greetings All,
I hope everyone has been enjoying the Holidays and had a great Christmas!

I've always had a "thing" for experimental uniforms and equipment items and am thinking of WPGs enlisted 1872 Blouse to go with the 1872 Saber Belt, and Dyer Pouch that I have. 
Does anyone here have one or know how they turned out?   I'm particularly interested in the fact they have a size 36 available.  I've found that the other uniform coats they offer have been a little generous in size and their usual smallest size of 38 has been a little large on me over shirt and trousers (chest and sleeve length).
I'd appreciate any thoughts the members may have.

Cheers to you all and here's to the New Year!

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: US 1872 Enlisted Blouse
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 07:43:08 AM »
While I  don't  currently  own one I  believe  in their description  that the state that some altering may be needed in order to get a fit appropriate  to an officer. Also they say to order one size smaller to get a proper fit.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Garret

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 11:30:07 AM »
Thanks Quickfire,
I've only seen this blouse on the auction site and not on the WPG site and there's no suggestions for sizing other than the stated garment size.
I've seen a few period images of soldiers wearing these and they do look "fitted" and I'm sure I'd ultimately benefit from having a seamstress help out in this regard!
Cheers and Happy New Year!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:36:07 AM »

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 11:51:55 AM »
Read the description  on ebay. It tells you basically  what I  just said. Hope this helps.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Snake Oil

• Snake Oil
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A day shooting is good for what ails ya!
  • NCOWS #: L-198
  • GAF #: 889
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 05:59:42 PM »
I like my wpg apparel most have been close to what I expect size wise, but a little on the large size. I  bought the 1899 uniform... it fits well, bit has a little extra room around the midsection... the holidays have helped me fill that out a little bit better. I would not try a smaller size next time.

Hope this helps!
A day shooting is good for what ails ya!

Offline Garret

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 12:28:41 PM »
Quickfire,
I was curious at first about your comment regarding "fit appropriate for an officer" as I was asking about the enlisted 1872 Blouse.    After reading your last comment I looked again at the enlisted blouse listing and saw no fit comment.  "It is a puzzlement!"   Then I had the thought to look at the Officers Blouse listing and saw the comment regarding fit.   Puzzlement resolved!

Snake Oil,
Thanks for your comment on fit.  I have their British Boer War enlisted tunic and trousers and found it similar to your US 1988 items.   
Cheers All!

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 01:33:24 PM »
Garret, my bad. I thought you were talking about officers blouse. I guess I  miss read.  I too purchased the boer war tunic and found it too small. I've  had better luck with their IW items.
NCOWS 1717

Offline Garret

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 07:23:39 PM »
No worry Quickfire!  Jerrys prices are so reasonable, taking a chance isn't too bad.  The fact that he's offering some really obscure items like the 1872 experimental and the 1870 Dyer Pouch is fantastic!  The leather gear is all really well made.  Good stuff!
Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com