Author Topic: Winter Range and Military Match Information  (Read 2535 times)

1st Sgt.

Winter Range and Military Match Information
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:47:44 AM »

Well Folks before ya know it Winter Range will be upon us.

Changes have been made to the Long Range events and specifically to the Military Match.

You can check out the Winter Range web site as well as the Long Range and Military match Information at the links below.

We hope to see Y’all here for Winter Range 2012

Brevet Captain Pigpen

Department of the Platte Chief of Ordnance

http://www.winterrange.com/index.html

http://www.winterrange.com/Bucky%20O'Neil%20Rifle.pdf

http://www.winterrange.com/long%20range.html

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Winter Range and Military Match Information
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:53 AM »
Excellent!  Great set up, wish I could be there!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »
I got to attend Winter Range this year for the first time and participated in the main match, the plainsman side match, 4 of the long range side matches, and the costume contest.  The whole event is spectacular so if you ever get the chance to go, DO IT.  Pigpen's long range matches are excellant and well attended.

For the Bucky O'Neill Military Rifle Competition this year Lt. Col. Scratch won the Single Shot with 11 of 15 (next closest was 9) and I won the Bolt Action with 11 of 15 (next closest was 6).  I believe he shot a trapdoor and I shot my 1898 Krag Rifle.

In the other long range events I won the Single Shot with 10 of 10 in the fastest time.  There were 60 that shot it and 4 that hit all 10.  Finished 2nd in the Rifle Caliber lever gun with 10 of 10 only 2.97 sec behind 1st place.  There were 54 that shot it and 12 that hit all 10.

I also placed 2nd in the Military Category of the costume contest with my 1898 Khaki staff officer engineer's uniform with helmet that I wore at the Grand Muster last year.  Photos of awards are attached.
Scout
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:35:16 AM »

1st Sgt.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »

Thanks Cowtown Scout for the kind words Glad you liked Winter range, you did well.

For the rest of the troups, now that Muster is on the books.

It's about 105 days till Winter Range starts so's get to practicing and come on out and show us how ya can shoot.

The information is above for ya and we'll be looking forward to your visit.

Thanks and take care.

Bvt. Capt. Pigpen     :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com