Author Topic: Supply Problems  (Read 3238 times)

Online Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Supply Problems
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:14:11 PM »
As many of you probably know I have been making holsters and belts for shooters and reenactors under the brand name of Trailrider Products. Note: This is NOT a solicitations for business! Among the items in my catalog are military belts, including M1851 sabre belts, both enlisted and officers'. For years I bought the M1851 Enlisted Eagle Belt Plates with the silver wreath applied. I ordered these from Ray Darda at Naugatuck Novelty. Unfortunately, Ray is apparently retired. I tried Parsley Brass, which has produced some excellent work, the GAF belt plates he ran a few years back. Unfortunately, Parsley informs me the only M1851 belt plates won't be available until at least September. Hanover Brass has them, but the prices are much higher than I can charge and cover my costs, even at wholesale.  Some of the other hardware used on the sabre belts are not available either...S&S has them as "backordered".  :(

As a result, I am temporarily (I hope) suspending offering the M1851 Cavalry Sabre Belts.  I do have a couple of M1874 Belt Plates with the U.S. inside the oval, but do not have the sabre hanger hardware.  >:(  >:(

The rest of my Old West holsters and belts are still available on order, as are my #96X series of hunting holsters. I will be taking the middle of July and the first couple of weeks of August off for R&R with my family, in celebration of our 50th anniversary.

Your obedient servant,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Supply Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
If you're looking for frontier era military leather Trailrider's is as good as it gets.  His prices are entirely reasonable and you won't grow older waiting for delivery.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about your issues. But I'm happy. I found out about your business because of this post. Your work looks absolutely top notch. I'll need to look into ordering something. Can you adjust your holsters for a thicker belt (3 inches wide)?
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:15:30 PM »

Online Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about your issues. But I'm happy. I found out about your business because of this post. Your work looks absolutely top notch. I'll need to look into ordering something. Can you adjust your holsters for a thicker belt (3 inches wide)?

Usually, yes. Depends on the holster model and the barrel (overall) length of the gun. A 2-1/2 inch barreled gun in a loop style holster doesn't leave much room to get the skirt band around the body with a belt loop for a 3-in. belt. For a holster for a gun that short, a sewn-on belt loop would work better. But I try to accommodate the customer's wants and needs.

Ride easy, Pard, but stay alert!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
Usually, yes. Depends on the holster model and the barrel (overall) length of the gun. A 2-1/2 inch barreled gun in a loop style holster doesn't leave much room to get the skirt band around the body with a belt loop for a 3-in. belt. For a holster for a gun that short, a sewn-on belt loop would work better. But I try to accommodate the customer's wants and needs.

Ride easy, Pard, but stay alert!

Fair enough. Luckily, I like my Cavalry length barrels  ;D Thanks for your time Trailrider. Hope everything gets settled quickly and satisfactorily regarding your supply issues.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
Trailrider,

I sent you a message via email

Online Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
Grenadier-
Received and acknowledged, Pard! (Nothing like mixing lingo from different eras!  ;) )

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com