Author Topic: Department of the Platte - please check in  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Department of the Platte - please check in
« on: April 02, 2006, 12:10:06 AM »
Troops of the Department of the Platte

Our GAF commander, U. S. Scout has seen fit to appoint me as your new commander.

I am honored to be entrusted with such a responsability.  I shall endeavor to live up to the trust he has placed in me.  Back in November I was inducted into the 5th Cavalry as  company sergeant, Company A at Ft. McDowell, Arizona Territory, now I find myself breveted Colonel.  I look forward to the challenge.

Alternatively, this is what I get for volunteering...

We'll try to get some things going here in the department of the Platte.  I am located in Craig, Colorado, in the NW corner of the state and it seems that the troops of the Department are spread far and wide.  The first order of business, as I see it, will be to establish better communications within the Department.  As we find out who and where we are, we will develop some activities within the Department.  Troops of the Department please contact me - through this board, via pm, or e-mail:  akbullen2001@yahoo.com.

Perhaps as a beginning of activities we can do a side match or two at some of our local clubs shooting matches.  My club is the Northwest Colorado Rangers in Craig.  We are a SASS afiliated club and we shoot on the 4th Saturday, April through September.  We usually have about 20 to 30 shooters at our monthly matches.  Over Memorial Day week-end we host our annual "Where the Old West Stayed Young" match with about 100 participants.  I would like to take this opportunity to invite any member of the Department of the Platte (or any other department) to join the rangers at one of our matches.  I am thinking that at the August or September match we should be able to at least put on a GAF side match following the guidelines our commander has promulgated on these pages.  The NW Colo Rangers have a web page at:

www.nwcorangers.com

and I would invite all GAF members to check us out.

One of the marks of a good leader is willingness to listen to the troops.  Let me know what you think.  What do we need to do to get our troops more actively involved in  the activities of the Department of The Platte.

I remain your humble servant,
Sagebrush Burns #341 

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Department of the Platte - please check in
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 09:33:13 AM »
Still waiting to hear from anyone in the Department of the Platte.  C'mon troops, lets step up and get something going here...

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:51:11 AM »
If you're out of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona or New Mexico, you are in the Department of the Platte. 

Let your new Commander know of your presence.  Don't let the Departments of Missouri and the Atlantic hog all the glory!

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen
GAF, Commanding

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:22:21 AM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »
To: Bvt Col. Sagebrush Burns  (It certainly DOES!  Especially when we've got the high winds we've been experiencing lately!)

Detailed Ordnance
         Dept. of the Platte

1. Sir, I am in receipt of your communication of today.

2. I have the honor to report in, having been in the field yesterday in pursuit of steel-y eyed hostiles and miscreants, in the vicinity of Ramah, Colorado (where the Shaketails are based).

3. I regret to report that I did not hit everything I aimed at.  :(

4. As you may know, I am engaged in supplying leather holsters, belts, &cetera, as well as conducting some experiements on small arms and ammunition for same, time, weather and additional duties permitting.

5. I am hoping to attend the annual Hell-On-Wheels match in July, with duties including the GAF color guard, as has been the case in the past 3 years.  As you know this takes place in the general vicinity of Ft. D. A. Russell (aka Warren AFB), at the home range of the Cheyenne Regulators.

6. There are several annual matches within a day's forced march of Denver City this summer.  I can inquire as to the possibility of having some GAF functions in conjuntion with these matches.

Please contact me by e-mail, PM or voice telegraph, at your convenience.

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:56:07 PM »
Trailrider - Thank you, sir, for stepping up.  I will certainly be in touch as we start to get this whole thing sorted out.  I'm going to try to do a GAF side match at one of my monthlys later this summer (August or September).  I think if anyone were to step forward and offer to organize such an event at any match in the department area I would be pleased to endorse it and assist in any manner possible.

Offline Captain Bob Masterson

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »
To: Bvt Col. Sagebrush Burns

Captain, A Troop 1st Regiment U.S.V. Cavalry
         SASS #58272

Sir,

Reporting for duty.  I have been engaged in action in the vicinity of Cheyenne, Wyoming. If it is your wish I   
would  be honored to serve as part of the GAF color guard at the upcoming Hell On Wheels shoot near Fort
D.A. Russell. If you need to conact me I can be reached via electrical mail at: smilingbobmasterson@earthlink.net

Your Obediant Servant,

Smiling Bob Masterson

"Why...Jonny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."

1st U.S.V. Cavalry 
A Troop

SASS #58272---Grand Army of the Frontier #462

RO I

Offline Oddman

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »
Sir,
Congradulations on your new Promotion and Command, communication is very slow in the Pacific Northwest. I'am located in North Idaho about 70 miles south of the Canadian Border. Not sure of just how many GAF members we have up here, hope to see other posts. If I can be of further assistance please e-mail  (hiflight@highstream.net)

Respectfully,

Capt. E.J. Oddman
8th Cavalry "C" Company
Dept of the Platte

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »
Smiling Bob and Oddman -
Thank you both for checking in and especially for contact information.  At this point we are just gathering information.  Sa we start to figure out which way "up" is I will be sending e-mails and seeking input and help and making assignments.  We do want to be considering potential GAF activities in the department (see U S Scouts post about what constitutes GAF activities) and if any of you has ideas I'd sure like to hear 'em.  Smiling Bob - I will not be at HOW this year, I believe Mustang Gregg ijs handling the color guard for that match.  Check this forum for his posts.

Offline Mogollon Mike

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:14:29 AM »
Congrats on your new duties!!!! Mogollon Mike Capt. 6thUS Cav Arizona Terr.  I have been in the field these past months. I am back at post for resupply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com