Author Topic: April showers make Cowboys smell better while drinking Coffee, Tea or your favor  (Read 43587 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Blizzards to the north and severe weather in the south... predicters are calling for severe weather with strait line winds and tornadic actic skies. Till tomorrow morning, radar show it west of here some now. Maybe late night when we see it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Drove thru slush on the way home.
2" of sn*w so far.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 124
Oh, tablet is learning, I type damned and Yuppies appears at the top as a next word option. ;D ;D

AI is here.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Is Al a  Yuppie?

Seems that way.  I tried to type Star Wars and it tried changing it to Starbucks.    :-X

I'll stir some coals and put on some water for the night owls.

Spent most of the afternoon out shooting today, so it wasn't all bad.  Patterned some turkey loads, did some plinking with the Beretta.  I went with my new neighbor, so he brought a Mossberg 590 and a Glock 17, and we messed with those for a while, then took off dove hunting.  Didn't get anything, but did see a Bald Eagle, or an America bird as my uncle calls them.

I've been working with some apple wood making popped the past couple weeks.  I still haven't decided how to finish them out yet.  Thinking linseed, but it not sure I like the color it giving my test piece.  I might pick up some Tung oil this week and see how I like that.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Got 4" of sn*w.

'Tis 20 and overcast. High of 28.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thank you Slim

We got 3/4” of much needed rain. Figgures stepson mowed for us on Monday.  ::)  i’ll be using good okd fashion construction grade pine without any stain or paint.

Gonna get busy here shortly need to build another roost in chicken house. Maybe clean a few nest out.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
An hour north got 14".

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
We're  spossed to get 3-4 inch by noon.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 6 and sunny. High of 37.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning fixins are ready - help yourself

My Sister living near Columbus O., reported last night.

Snow over 3inches Sunday night Monday morning 3 1/2 inches of rain yesterday (tuesday)snow showers today. Flooding here...and tornado hit Grove City last night. We had 60 mph winds yesterday, windy again today.

Back to cooler air here this morning...

Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Comp day today, building some fence. Sunny and 61 here, but had frost and 20s this morning. Forecast wild weatherman guess had snow again for Friday and Sunday, but now they've taken that out and just have cloudy and 40's.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Afternoon all.

Rain has found California today.  Just a gentle drizzle, but enough to get the creek up a bit.

Introduced the dog to the 22 yesterday.  It's been a long journey, but she is comfortable with a 22 now.  She used to get spooked by my airgun, so this is an improvement.  We spent the whole afternoon hunting grabs and ground squirrels too celebrate.  Didn't get any, but that was my fault.  I blame elation for screwing with trigger control.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Afternoon all.

Rain has found California today.  Just a gentle drizzle, but enough to get the creek up a bit.

Introduced the dog to the 22 yesterday.  It's been a long journey, but she is comfortable with a 22 now.  She used to get spooked by my airgun, so this is an improvement.  We spent the whole afternoon hunting grabs and ground squirrels too celebrate.  Didn't get any, but that was my fault.  I blame elation for screwing with trigger control.

--TK
From day one, my dog runs to the sound of gunfire.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Give ‘m  a rabbit heart everytime you fire, they will learn to reload your weapon for you.  :o
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Give ‘m  a rabbit heart everytime you fire, they will learn to reload your weapon for you.  :o

I use an assortment of peanut butter/banana dog biscuits, beef jerky, cat kibble, and PB&J crust.

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

1" of sn*w over night.

'Tis 24 and cloudy. "Blustery. Colder. Partly sunny with scattered snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent."

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I use an assortment of peanut butter/banana dog biscuits, beef jerky, cat kibble, and PB&J crust.

--TK

I meant the dog would relate the gun to something delicious.

Thanks for the coffee Slim... hang in there spring is around the corner what is left of it. 
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We have another weather front headed our way. With a freeze warning following behind it. Glad i had not set plants out yet.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Evening all.

2.5" of rain in the past 24 hours.  Creeks are flowing brown.  Temperature has been between 45 and 50 in that time.

Spent most of my afternoon out with my new hunting partner.  We worked on finding and treeing squirrels, running rabbits, flushing birds and not chasing deer.  We made good progress on all but the last.  I had my 22, but didn't do any real shooting.  Just some plinking at pine cones.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com